Dominicans and getting jobs

lalad87

Jul 27, 2007
i was wondering if anyone knew how easy it would be for individuals from about 18 - 25 Dominican Men to get jobs in Santiago. keeping in mind they speak English significantly well and have a high school diploma.

lalad87

Jul 27, 2007
well they are from the country side so they are farm boys they work the land and animals. however i am not speaking about high end jobs, jobs in general however 'significant' it may be

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
How many boys are we talking about? Do they have any special skills besides farming?

lalad87

Jul 27, 2007
to be honest I am just wondering about how easy it is to find one. there are three boys that i specifically have in mind. they are all three very intelligent and learn quickly. they are good with mechanics, pretty much any manual work.

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
I think you are the guy that is going to school in Santiago and your friends are going to be staying with you right?

Here's an idea and please don't take this the wrong way but when they get there it's their country and their language so they shouldn't have any problem going out and searching on their own. ;)

Talking to an employer face to face works best.

lalad87

Jul 27, 2007
haha well heres the thing id love to do that and rely on them which in the end will have to be the case. unfortunately its not as easy said then done when it comes to getting them to take the big step of moving to the city hahaha. i guess this is for my own piece of mind, and also to let them know that its not impossible like they seem to think it is. but i will do that, and i didnt take it the wrong way ;)

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
are you crazy? We are trying to get a visa and leave D.R.There is nothing to do here.
JJ.
On a negative note, you might want to read this if you are trying to get into the U.S. searching for work. Perhaps the book being reviewed in that link might be a good read.

However, on a positive note you might want to read this for the sake of balance.

-NALs

Last edited:

lalad87

Jul 27, 2007
im talking about getting jobs in the DR. im not saying to make big bucks im saying to make money to eat. you know so that theres at least more then rice and fried eggs...and more then one meal a day. i dont need anything extravagant, something besides watching the goats walk past the fence! :)