Will it affect DR1 ?

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Unless we have a bunch of terrorists on the board, I can't see a problem.

I'm sure the US Government are not interested in sankies and what you did on vacation etc.

If you don't want people to find out something about you, then I suggest you disconnect from the Internet :)

DAKRA

Bronze
Feb 21, 2007
I doubt that the US Govt or any other Govt really wants to know what is going on during the discussion of DR1 members. - I would't sweat it.

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
I don't think we've ever been alone. Never post stuff you don't want the world to know. ;)

AK74

On Vacation!
Jun 18, 2007
I don't think we've ever been alone. Never post stuff you don't want the world to know. ;)

Our posts - yes. And we are grown-up enough not to post here everything that we think, that we know, that we see and that we understand.

But from the Bill goes that now they will read all our PMs, all our SMS`, all our emails, all our Skype chats, will listen to all our phone calls.

When I am saying to my fiancee that I love her, dozens of guys will crack jokes of it, when she emails me her nude pictures, the whole Section will enjoy them.

I hope I am wrong in my pessimism and desperation , but how to know if this or that email is not terroristic or anti-american without reading it first?
Without reading them all first.

Our life is getting better and happier with every day.

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
Our posts - yes. And we are grown-up enough not to post here everything that we think, that we know, that we see and that we understand.

But from the Bill goes that now they will read all our PMs, all our SMS`, all our emails, all our Skype chats, will listen to all our phone calls.

When I am saying to my fiancee that I love her, dozens of guys will crack jokes of it, when she emails me her nude pictures, the whole Section will enjoy them.

I hope I am wrong in my pessimism and desperation , but how to know if this or that email is not terroristic or anti-american without reading it first?
Without reading them all first.

Our life is getting better and happier with every day.

One point to remember is that the current technology is quite lacking with regard to tracking the aforementioned items. Yes, hollywood makes it seem like it is possible but we are so far removed from that in reality.

Sometimes one just needs to put things in pespective to help one understand the realities. For example, I have spent up to 8 hours in one day reviiewing and readsing message and posting on DR1 yet I probably read less than 30% of the items posted to the board in that one day. Imagine the reality of government workers trying to track EVERY correspondance from some 100 plus MILLION people communicating maybe a hundred or so different types of ways in a day - so you are talking about 100 billion or more communications in any given day. Lets just suppose that the EVERY ONE of the 2.5 million Federal Employees spent an 8 hour day digesting all of this information - they would have to be responsible for reviewing some 4000 correspondances in any give day. If you don't know already the total number of Federal Employees dedicated to reviewing correspondances as such would maybe account for 1% of the total number of employees. Get the picture? Take care and sleep well - nobody cares or EVEN KNOWS what you are doing my friend.

A.Hidalgo

Silver
Apr 28, 2006
Primo I agree 101%....but I still don't trust that group in the White House.:paranoid::paranoid::paranoid:

Smitty55

Aug 6, 2007
This type of stuff has already been going on for years. Every phone call, email, IM, and text message you send is screened for "key words" by computers, and has been for quite some time.

Try this the next time you're chatting on the phone or emailing a friend: Include the phrase "I have now aquired all the components to deliver the package" or more simply "I now have everything I need to build the bomb". See if there isn't a strange black van (or other such vehicle) parked outside your house within a week. ;)

A.Hidalgo

Silver
Apr 28, 2006
Include the phrase "I have now aquired all the components to deliver the package" or more simply "I now have everything I need to build the bomb". See if there isn't a strange black van (or other such vehicle) parked outside your house within a week. ;)

I guess the 9/11 guys were not that dumb.....Any takers?????:paranoid:

Last edited:

DAKRA

Bronze
Feb 21, 2007
Do you really thinking they Gov't is Watching?

government.jpg

KeithF

Jul 9, 2006
www.cabarete.org
Back in the early days of the www, if you sent two e-mails to yourself, the first with 'assassinate Clinton' in the subject line then the second with "I'll have egg & chips for dinner", when you checked your e-mail, the second would have arrived first and the first one, second. Now why did the second 'take a detour'? Mobile phone calls are held too but the sheer volume is too much for them to be checked. Just because you're in the DR (or UK/wherever) the spooks will listen to you. What I guess this legislation will do, is to allow them to use the evidence in court rather than just sneaking up behind the suspect with a poisoned umbrella tip!

Kyle

Silver
Jun 2, 2006
this is nothing new. they're just now telling the public they are doing it. if you really want some interesting reading, check out FISA. in particular FISA warrants and FISA courts.
after all, why would they wanna track a "monger" like me :laugh: i got some hot bedroom convo they can listen to !!

Sep 19, 2005
what ever they tell you they can do, they have been doing already for years!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

if you want to stay anonymous.........shut up!

isnt it funny that all the people that are not hooked up to the internet dont get all those nasty viruses or spam!!! ha ha ha ha

there are probably cells of goverment workers assigned to every aspect of the internet.................

note to ROBERT:

remember what happened at the LOFT??

ok so as soon as some psuedo goverment big wig gets stung by a street walker in Santo Domingo, the trouble starts for all the sources of information... ha ha ha ha

he will unleash all his secret holy(goverment accessed) terror on all those poor unsupecting souls who THOUGHT they were helping out !! ha ha ha ha

IT COULD HAPPEN....

dum dum dum .................dum

bad bob out

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
Primo I agree 101%....but I still don't trust that group in the White House.:paranoid::paranoid::paranoid:
Before focusing your angst toward one particular White House, you just might want to research the NSA's Echelon program which was well prior to the current occupiers.

Alyonka

Silver
Jun 3, 2006
I heard of software applications that can make more or less intelligent searches throughout millions of electronic files putting words like "bomb", "threat", "attack", etc. together if they are in the same message. I cannot imagine making humans read hundreds and thousands of e-mails a day. They can miss something too after many hours of reading.

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com
Well, this has been happening for a long time already (illegally I believe but who knows). It is only now signed into law. So, if they have not come down on you already, then you're probably safe. This won't affect the DR1 whatsoever.

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
This type of stuff has already been going on for years. Every phone call, email, IM, and text message you send is screened for "key words" by computers, and has been for quite some time.
;)

Would you mind revealing you resources for this info?