Santiago today (new AZB's santiago internet magazine)

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
This thread is for the santiagueros, ex-santiagueros or simply Santiago lovers. To others, it will be a boring thread.
Thinks of this thread as sort of ?Santiago today? magazine. I will post everyday pictures of santiago?s daily life with my digital camera or my cell phone camera to keep all Santiago fans up-to-date with their beloved city.

First of all, we start by the Santiago RC model plane club. It was windy today so many people didn?t come to fly / exhibit their radio controlled planes / toys. The members are your everyday folks, from a local Mr. No-one to influential folks from Santiago to Aguila baseball team members. All have on thing in common, the love of flying radio controlled planes. Today, the crowd was small and the planes were not very exotic.

61wlous.jpg

4kuk8kz.jpg

5081q9e.jpg

Since the club is in a campo (country side), in the woods of Barranquita, not just people, but some rather strange guests came to watch the show as well.

4xuvdqu.jpg

6c3heg9.jpg

Nice to have the luxury of having pre-flight check-ups performed by baby turkeys.

66b5vtf.jpg

This one had the balls to come face to face and try to intimidate me. Ok, it worked, I backed off.. Have you seen the size of his horns?

4pvatzk.jpg

4utuiyh.jpg

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
Now the renovation of Monumento.
The work is being preformed round the clock, even on Sunday, they were working relentlessly to stay on schedule.

5xy90th.jpg

6ceoqbc.jpg

Check out the tropical palm trees on the top and the newly planted trees on the bottom. Most of them already have leafs growing on them.

4mjcmjp.jpg

More construction on the street level of monument.
5x664xw.jpg

The statue of general Luperon and his horse has been repainted and covered in plastic.
4zc5pog.jpg

The new steps leading up to the top. Have you ever seen monumento this clean and white?
63ueagk.jpg

Santiago?s famous, Montezuma?s bar/restaurant.
4le9rw5.jpg

DAKRA

Bronze
Feb 21, 2007
VERY nice! - I look forward to your daily digest! - Wish someone what do that for all of the major cities....

dms3611

Bronze
Jan 14, 2002
Good stuff AZB!

...still need you to give me the "tips" on posting pics. Then maybe you will let me be a "cub" reporter for your magazine...........I work for food..........

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
Hahaha, Dave, I was supposed to show you how to post pictures here but I just forgot. We will get together again soon.
AZB

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
Aftab

Did you take any of those pictures on you new cell you just got from Claro? If so post the model so I can go get me one.

Thanks

Chip

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
Por fin!!!!!!!!!!................

I have to tell you, brotha, after so many years on DR1, you finally started a very nice thread, whahahahahaha!!.

Nice indeed!.

J D Sauser

Silver
Nov 20, 2004
www.hispanosuizainvest.com
Whoaw! A model air club!
I was a teenager when this was the center of my world until inevitably girls worked their way into my life! It's a great, but sadly expensive hobby and it taught me a lot about all sorts of things. Kids should be interested in this rather than the f-ing play stations and similar garbage.

Try get local kids interested. A flying device can be built quite simply and cheaply and I can still remember the emotions of seeing my first free glider raise up high on the wings of the breeze pushing up the hill.

Congratulations! ... J-D.

chola1978

Bronze
Mar 20, 2006
AZB felicitaciones.
We here in the northwest side of Santiago(las Colinas )appreciate your love for the city. and look forward to many more pictures. I will try to help out with some and pm to you so you can evaluate them. i think i have a few of la Placita Market.
The monumento has not look so clean since I was a little boy and we had a real carnival in Santiago.

Guess we are entering a political campaign so lets take advantage and ask for all the parts to be finsh.................o eso es mucho pedir.

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
Aftab

Did you take any of those pictures on you new cell you just got from Claro? If so post the model so I can go get me one.

Thanks

Chip

Sorry chip, these pictures are not from my claro cell. I used my panasonic digital camera for that. I will be using my claro cell (motorola z1) to take the quick shots. I wish my cell phone camera was that good.
AZB