*** New on DR1 - Take a look ***

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
We have been working on offering a forum branding feature.

This is our first one, what do you think?

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
Let me be the first to say......

Fantantisocooooooooooooooooooooo!!!

john

Abuela

Bronze
May 13, 2006
Opinion

Too busy for my taste but I'm sure a business decision must override aesthetics.

Feb 7, 2007
As Rocky said, it's hurting the eyes.
Certainly a way to make people get some outside life and post less...

Seriously, as the saying goes, If ain't broken don't fix it.

Leave it as it was. MHO.

dms3611

Bronze
Jan 14, 2002
Hey Rob,

Is this a sign of your "political leanings"..........................................?

MaineGirl

The Way Life Should Be...
Jun 23, 2002
amity.beane.org
Ok by forum branding-- will you offer something more ladylike and pretty for that small segment of DR1 who likes ladylike and pretty things?

Orchids please? How about something like North Coast M.'s site?

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Good colour for the legal section. Will the other sections be the same colour as their headings? Orange for living etc

The advertising sure catches the eye ;)

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
I would go with an aquamarine background - that way whenever people view the threads they will have a sense of being on the beach somewhere here in the DR taking in the beautiful views of the surrounding while sipping on some exotic fruit drink(or better a Presidente). See below from Windows XP

4pyb1gm.jpg

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Good colour for the legal section. Will the other sections be the same colour as their headings? Orange for living etc

The advertising sure catches the eye ;)
Maybe I have a brighter screen than most, but this literally hurts my eyes and makes it hard to read the text.
It feels similar to having a flashlight in my face at night.

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
I love red so hard for me to say I don't like it but I guess if your eyes are sensitive I can understand that.

Hey I have an idea I think the sankie forum should be black background with black text for easy reading :laugh:

Wait wait that's not meant to be a racial comment but it would keep us from having to read ;) We would be like the posters, unable to see the writing on the wall :laugh:

Sep 15, 2006
Wow...

I blinked at first, but the color and the Carnival lady got me excited ...(for my trip. Let's not go there).

It may seems so bright because we are used to Blue, but it does stand out.

Now why is red not a respectable color for a forum??

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Your are missing the point....

Note it only appears on the North Coast forum, as Ocean World are a North Coast based business. We are playing with ways to brand particular forums, not the entire site.

If we decide to brand other forums, they will look different, more inline with whoever we are branding it for.

Status
Not open for further replies.