mail

MaineGirl

The Way Life Should Be...
Jun 23, 2002
amity.beane.org
I did do a search, I did.

Here is the situation.

I don't get a lot of mail. Most is junk. Stuff people might send, like cards, they know where I am and hopefully will not waste money sending it to me. However, there are a few items of mail I would like. My sister is collecting it and I am sure can send me a box every few months. Like when my tax stuff comes in, I need that.

So in a nutshell, not a high priority need, but would like to get the mail every few months.

DHL is what I keep thinking, but would appreciate any feedback from other people living outside STQ, STI, POP....

Also can I give my sister my street address or DHL office address here?

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
You probably didn't use the key words 'Xmail' or 'Business Mail' in your search. Try those (both based in Puerto Plata, Santiago & Santo Domingo)! Sosua has it's own similar service as I recall but can not remember the name of! ! Grahame.

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com
MaineGirl, in your neck of the woods I don't know if there is mail that can be delivered. The DR1 posters use one of the following companies usually:
EPS
Business Mail or
Xmail

You need to set up an account with one of these. They open a 'box' for you in Miami. You send your mail to Miami and they bring it to either Puerto Plata or Sosua (EPS) for you. There, I believe, you have to collect. I have experience with both EPS and Business Mail but not with Xmail.

It is a safe way to deal with mail but it costs a little. You can also send stuff to the US again through this method.

Hope this helps and hope you did not know this already.

MaineGirl

The Way Life Should Be...
Jun 23, 2002
amity.beane.org
I had an idea of this but having it spelled out really helps. Thank you.

I think there is a DHL office in my town though so I am going to explore more on a package of mail getting sent.

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com
I think there is a DHL office in my town though so I am going to explore more on a package of mail getting sent.

Check out the cost of a DHL package. It may be that this is in the region of US$30 for a simple letter. DHL or UPS or Fedex or any of the courier services is probably the most expensive way to deal with mail.