Settling dispute with tennant that won't pay his rent

heldengebroed

Bronze
Mar 9, 2005
My wife has a typical dominican wooden house with tin roof. The rent is for my mother in law. We're planning to demolish the house in the end of the year and after we informed the tennants of this they didn't pay the rent anymore. It is now 8 months and my mother in law is feeling this in her wallet. Last night she called and asked if we would object if she settled things once and for all and... that if it went wrong we wouldn't need to worry about the cost for demolishing the house. :ermm:

Today she called to tell that they had payed the full sum at once. I asked her how the hell did she do that. Her awnser was amazing. She simply went over asked for the money and when they refused to pay she said that she would be back later and that there wouldn't be any reason to pay the rent anymore. She went to the gasstation and came back with 50 liters of gazoline ready to burn the thing down.

Payement was done in seconds.

One way of doing business ;)

Greetings

Johan

DAKRA

Bronze
Feb 21, 2007
That's the ticket......

Sounds like this lady should be working for the DR Government as a dispute mediator ;)

oldschool

Oct 9, 2004
My wife has a typical dominican wooden house with tin roof. The rent is for my mother in law. We're planning to demolish the house in the end of the year and after we informed the tennants of this they didn't pay the rent anymore. It is now 8 months and my mother in law is feeling this in her wallet. Last night she called and asked if we would object if she settled things once and for all and... that if it went wrong we wouldn't need to worry about the cost for demolishing the house. :ermm:

Today she called to tell that they had payed the full sum at once. I asked her how the hell did she do that. Her awnser was amazing. She simply went over asked for the money and when they refused to pay she said that she would be back later and that there wouldn't be any reason to pay the rent anymore. She went to the gasstation and came back with 50 liters of gazoline ready to burn the thing down.

Payement was done in seconds.

One way of doing business ;)

Greetings

Johan

NICE!:cool:

tarrantino

Jan 12, 2006
When my aunt to rent out her upper apartment and the tenants wouldn't pay, she would havetheir belongings removed from the apartment put them out on the curb, change the locks and wait for them to return, upon which if they didn't pay she would proceed to "ignite" . They paid her (lol)This happened maybe twice and then she stopped renting.