where to buy beer near Iberostar Bavaro

ldeyulus@yahoo.com

Aug 8, 2007
we are thinking of staying at Iberostar Bavaro next year and were wondering is there a place near by(walking distance or by cab) that we can purchase beer. We have alsways found that beer served at all inclusive is usuallly warm. Also what kinds of bottled./canned beer to they sell in town? Is there a town near by or one we could stop at on our way fromairport to resort? What does a case ell for around. thanks

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
I am sure that there is some place closer, but there is a market in Juanillo(?) and another one (pretty good on, but small) near Veron. All the locals know them.

Just ask for the supermercado.

As for beers, we are being inundated with beers: Local brands: Presidente, Quisqueya, Bohemia, Brahma, Stella Atrois(?) are all produced here, and so is Heiniken. You can get Corona, Labatt's, Tuborg, Carlsborg at a high price.

You can't go wrong with Brahma or Presidente. Both do well to the palate.

HB

Feb 7, 2007
Once you walk past the security, and take the access road alongside the RIU wall (about 400 mts) at the intersection, right across form the power tarnsformer station, there is a colmado where you can buy cold presidente beers.

You can buy small ones (about 35-40 pesos) or large ones (about 70 pesos).
You can buy regular Presidente or Presidente Light (my preferred, smoother, more "soda"-like drink).

Feb 7, 2007
I am sure that there is some place closer, but there is a market in Juanillo(?) and another one (pretty good on, but small) near Veron. All the locals know them.

Just ask for the supermercado.

As for beers, we are being inundated with beers: Local brands: Presidente, Quisqueya, Bohemia, Brahma, Stella Atrois(?) are all produced here, and so is Heiniken. You can get Corona, Labatt's, Tuborg, Carlsborg at a high price.

You can't go wrong with Brahma or Presidente. Both do well to the palate.

HB

Don't forget that AMBEV started bottling Quilmes. That's an Argentine-origin beer. I don't like it at all.

And don't forget AMBEV's (import?) Miller.

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
Harry,
forget about Juanillo, too far and not a typical location to buy something.
Veron is about 13 mls from your iberostar hotel, also not woth the long ride to buy some cold beers for the Iberostar, not mthat Veron would be a bad place, the opposite, i live myself in Veron since long years on own property, great to hang out for some cold ones or to find nice company to share those cold ones.
the best advice been what Rubio wrote at the beginning of the thread, go to the colmado near your hotel's entrance, beers are cold and reasonable prized.
have fun
Mike