Traveling from Santiago to Punta Cana?

benoittodd

Aug 8, 2007
My girlfriend has to travel by bus for 6 hours to get to Punta Cana (from Santiago to Santo Domingo to Punta Cana). Is there a faster way?
Are there any airlines that offer this route? I heard there was one that charged $75 to go from Santiago (or Puerto Plata... not sure) to Punta Cana.

Any help is appreciated.

Feb 7, 2007
No air service from Santiago. There is a service from Puerto Plata, which costs US$75 with some advanced purchase, I think. I don't know who is the carrier.

But cost wise, it's cheaper by bus, and it won't take much more time tham via Puerto Plata.
Bus: 2 and 1/2 hours to SDQ, 1/2 hour in SDQ, 4 hours to PUJ. total: 7 hours
cost: 180 pesos to SDQ, 150 taxi, 250 to PUJ. Total:RD$ 580 or US$ 18

Plane from POP: 1 and 1/2 hour to POP, 1 hour before boarding, 45 mins flight, 15 mins after-boarding, 30 mins to get to Bavaro. total: 4 hours.
Cost: to POP (taxi/bus?) let's take bus 100 pesos, 75 USD fare, 20 USD taxi in PUJ. Total: about US$98

Do your own cost-benefit analysis as I don't know what your situation is.

sherri

Jan 25, 2006
I took the Metro bus from Puerto Plata to Santo Domingo in june. It is quite cheap and the bus is actually air conditioned(you almost need a jacket) and very comfortable. They usually play a movie so it makes the ride feel less long. I dont know if the Metro goes from Santo Domingo to Punta Cana..but i would assume it does.

Metro is the way to go!!

Feb 7, 2007
Metro goes to Santiago and Puerto Plata (from Santo Domingo) only.

Neither Caribe Tours nor Metro has service to the East (syndicate protected routes).

You need to take Expreso Bavaro from Maximo Gomez or Parque Enriquillo bus station, or take Sichoprola to Higuey from Parque Enriquillo and connect to Sitrabapu to Bavaro in Higuey (calle Libertad).

Sep 19, 2005
I bet there is a helicopter service that will fly you from STI to Punta Cana.

look up Heliodosa they fly from POP to many points in the south east and samana, as well as the capital.

I am sure they would stop at sti and pick you up....I figure maybe $200 per person.....
call them.....809-688-0744( in punta cana)

email helidosa1@verizon.net.do( might not work because of the verizon-codetel change)

or Under Construction!
edited:sorry for the under construction link......I got it off a flyer i have
bob