House in San Pedro de Macor?s...

mamitasalsita

Aug 9, 2007
Does anyone know a price range for a typical, vey basic, modest home in San Pedro de Macor?s or where I could find that information? When I look for real estate all I can find is luxury homes.
thanks.

lexi

Bronze
Jan 23, 2007
I was just talking to someone who lives in SPDM and he said that the really basic houses are in the $10 to $20,000 range but they are not in the best neighbourhoods. Then for a good basic home in a better neighborhood you are looking around $30 to $40,000. I am sure you can find any price range it just depends on where you want to live and just how basic you are looking for.

Hope that helps a bit?!

safe areas in SPM

As others have stated, the price of housing in SPM is very dependent on the location. Unfortunately, in the safe barrios, the price will be higher. I am American and have been splitting my time between the US and SPM since 2000. The safest areas are near the malecon and near Jumbo. Several MLB players and the owner of Iberia have homes near the malecon. There are also several big housing developments going up around SPM (Villa Espana, etc) These will be safe areas too, as they will be gated communities when completed. If you want info about specific barrios in SPM, please post something here, or feel free to PM me.

gibbs

May 31, 2005
If you are planning to buy to live in SP - it should be in a good neighborhood :pirate:

What is the definition of "good neighborhood?"
Are there mixed neighborhoods (Dominicans and expats) or are there gated Expat only neighborhoods?
Serious question since I mainly hang out on the north coast/ Costambar area where the tigres travel to rob and I have thought of visiting SPM.

Janin

On Vacation....
Jul 31, 2007
Tiguere En El Camino

...I mainly hang out on the north coast/ Costambar area where the tigres travel to rob and I have thought of visiting SPM.

Well then, SPM beware. :laugh:

BTW, SPM has a good share of tigueres already...

Janin

Norma Rosa

Bronze
Feb 20, 2007
laugh: I'm sure they do. and now I know how Dominicans spell Tigueres.[/QUOTE]

Dominicans spell it: tigres