Nice, inexpensive ranchos near Santiago? Jarabacoa, Constanza...

Status
Not open for further replies.

benoittodd

Aug 8, 2007
I try to visit my girlfriend in DR about once a month so our budget is limited. We've been going to Punta Cana because it's cheaper ($290 for aifare, and $60/person/night hotel). So it comes to about $700. The only problem is her trip from Santiago.

So I was thinking of flying to Santiago and staying at a rancho nearby (2-3 hrs. drive). Our budget is still $650-$700, but $350-$400 is for airfare. We were thinking of staying at a nice rancho similar to Rancho Guaraguao (which we enjoyed). Someplace with mountains, a nice view, fresh air, paths, etc...

What would you guys recommend? We considered Rancho Wendy, but that's out of the question now. We were also thinking of Villa Pajon in Constanza, but nobody answers emails or phone.

Any help is appreciated.
Thanks.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
I told you in another thread to get in touch with TimH is Jarabacoa. He post regularly here.

HB

benoittodd

Aug 8, 2007
Thanks. I did email him.

I also wanted to read other members' thoughts/opinions on this. Maybe another member has gone to a nice rancho or villa that can't be found on the Web.

Feb 7, 2007
Brisas de los Alpes between Jarabacoa and La vega is a mountain resort with swiss type villas available for rent 2000 pesos per night, 10.000 pesos per week, breakfast included. It's the whole villa so you can bring some friends in if you want. The resort has pool, inverter, etc. It's really nice, you are IN the mountains, surrounded by pine trees and fresh air.
Each villa has full kitchen with stove, fridge, etc (so you can cook), 2BD, 3 BTH, A/C, ceiling fan, cable TV, hot water, inverter. Really nice.
It's 15 minutes to Jarabacoa and 15 minutes to La Vega.

I have stayed numerous times. Ask for Jose Ramon and tell him that George from Higuey sent you. He'll take good care of you.
They also arrange for activities (rafting, horseback riding, paragliding, etc.) for you.

Tel (809) 2778893

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.