Temporary Residencia

Jenna

Mar 12, 2007
Would anyone be able to give me some info on obtaining a Temporary Residencia for the Dominican Republic? For a Canadian (me)

Do I need proof of a job or something like that as a reason for getting the residencia? because I don't have one. Maybe I should just forget the temporary residencia and go to Santo Domingo and get a extention on my visa. A better choice?

Thanks!

planner

.............. ?
Sep 23, 2002
Jenna - have you done a search yet? Do that and you will find several threads covering what is required to get your residencia! IT is beneficial to have depending on what your needs are.

Janin

On Vacation....
Jul 31, 2007
Tranquila mi amor

Would anyone be able to give me some info on obtaining a Temporary Residencia for the Dominican Republic? For a Canadian (me)

He would like to come visit and take some English courses.

From this I gather that it's now YOU to emerge in his 'culture'.
That's good....

I'd recommend rather to overstay the tourist's visa and see how things develop.
I am certain that your 'novio' has a well paid job, no need for you to work, thus no residency needed either. ;)

Janin

Jenna

Mar 12, 2007
So I have searched threads, websites...
Seems that everyone uses a lawyer to apply. How hard do you think it would be to do it on my own??

I really prefer to keep it legal no matter how laxed the laws are so overstaying the tourist visa is not the answer.

Last edited:

planner

.............. ?
Sep 23, 2002
Jenna it is possible to do it yourself. First are you fluent in spanish??? Can you fill out the forms correctly and provide all the proof etc that is required?

Are you willing to figure out the bureaucracy and stand in line ups for possibly hours???

There are many many lawyers in all price ranges willing to help you out! And it really is not all that expensive.

Save yourself a lot of grief - go with a lawyer.