Larimar Coast Photo Set

Motorcycler

Jan 20, 2007
www.motorcycler.com
The first set of the photos is now finished. This group covers the Larimar Coast or what is normally considered the stretch of coastline from Barahona to Oviedo. With all the talk of builing giant hotels and things of such magnitudinal destruction I hope sincerely that this just stays in the hands of the local Dominicans who are trying to do little by little and step by step a homegrown tourist industry.

The Larimar Coast Photos

Marilyn

Bronze
May 7, 2002
thanks for those beautiful pictures, I just came back from Barahona, went and came back today. You have a picture of my property in Bahoruco, it's a little rundown shack in front of the beach, you got a shot of the back of the house. I just finished fixing it up for my personal use, I will send you pictures when it's painted so you can see the difference. I am waiting for a permit from medio ambiente to start construction of a bigger house. Hopefully next time you guys come I'll meet you guys there and I'll cook you some pescado con coco like I promised before.

PS: Correction, I don't cook, I'll have some local friend cook for us.

PGerace

Feb 16, 2002
Beautiful Photos!

Hi Motorcycler.
You really captured the beauty of the area. I espcecially loved the colorful sunset with the cactus. I hope you get to make many more visits.
Paul

Marilyn

Bronze
May 7, 2002
That's cool Marilyn...Is your property the one that has the block wall close to Pontevedra??

Don't I wish, I only have about 1,200 sq mts beach front in the heart of Bahoruco, almost across the street from the cemetery, two houses down from Luz Restaurant. The property came with a hut (you know, those cute houses with straw roofs) which I'm fixing until I can build something better, but I need some permits since the property is within 60 meters from the beach . The picture is Dominicana 0407-042.jpg

Feb 15, 2005
The group picture in the Sea View Restaurant in Paraiso is noteworthy. The owners of the restaurant are the owners of the River View Villas project in Paraiso.

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
Nice pics. Now I'm ready for a vacation.

A couple of questions, What is the preice range for the hotels in the region, preferably with no ac and have you noticed if they had high speed internet?

Thanks

Motorcycler

Jan 20, 2007
www.motorcycler.com
The group picture in the Sea View Restaurant in Paraiso is noteworthy. The owners of the restaurant are the owners of the River View Villas project in Paraiso.

I sat down to talk with them Richard and you know the last name thing immidiately came up. I told them we had communicated by e-mail so we had a great talk.

The Sea View is quite a nice place....and the project though I did not get a chance to see the layout seems to be a nice thing.

Motorcycler

Jan 20, 2007
www.motorcycler.com
Nice pics. Now I'm ready for a vacation.

A couple of questions, What is the preice range for the hotels in the region, preferably with no ac and have you noticed if they had high speed internet?

Thanks

As far as the HSI Pontevedra, Magnolias and Caribe nothing, zip, nada. Boy I tried for 10 days to get online and all I could get was dialup at a restaurant. I did see some Internet centers but did not stop in because our schedule during the day was tight.

Usually rooms in Barahona proper will run anywhere from 30-40US per room with the exception of the Larimar as this is more expensive. It helps if you are fluent in Spanish as there is a tendency to raise prices once you make a reservation but not by much.

Pontevedra runs about 65US per night and you get 2 meals included for 2 people. Can't talk about any others as I have not stayed in them.

Hope you havce a great time!

Motorcycler

Jan 20, 2007
www.motorcycler.com
Hi Motorcycler.
You really captured the beauty of the area. I espcecially loved the colorful sunset with the cactus. I hope you get to make many more visits.
Paul

Thanks Paul...and also thanks for your photos as the real effect that they are having is to share with the viewers what a truly amazing place this is. It's easy to take the photos because the place just lends itself to being captured by the camera.

Hope that many more generations will be able to enjoy these small parcels of beauty that are some deeply ingrown to the area.