A few questions about Cabarete....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marazul

Apr 19, 2007
Im going to cabarete for one week in the start of september, and i was wondering about the supermarkets there...... Are they good for shopping or should i go to the one in sosua?

I need to buy some chicken breast, cream cheese, potatoes, beaten cream, ice cream and things like that .... any suggestion?

Also is there any place that sell good cakes and flowers?

Im planning on making a Birthday party there :)

Thx!

KeithF

Jul 9, 2006
www.cabarete.org
The one Hlywud mentioned is okay. If you're coming from the Sosua side of town, just after the petrol station on the right, there is a supermarket that is bigger inside than it looks from the outside. Janets, at the far end of the town is not bad, probably the biggest of the three already mentioned. There is a small store in the middle of town.

Having said all that, the supermarket by the traffic lights in Sosua is probably the best one I've used. The cooking items that you mentioned should be easy enough but I've no idea about cakes & flowers.

Bob K

Silver
Aug 16, 2004
Accross from the supermarket that keith is talking about in Sosua (Playero) is a very good bakery. They will make a birthday cake for you, but you have to order it a couple of days in advance. The cake is very good BTW

Bob K

Abuela

Bronze
May 13, 2006
Birthday Cake

Moser's bakery is excellent in Sosua off the main rd across from Tradewinds rd is highly recommended

rendul

Bronze
Feb 24, 2002
rendul.tripod.com
The best supermarket I have found in Cabarete is Janet's which is on the east side of town. Extremely popular and best pricing around. Dick's Bakery on the main street is a great place to get homemade cheese cakes and other wonderful treats. Janet's gets very busy and most of the restaurants in town purchase their groceries from there.

Marazul

Apr 19, 2007
AAAAAAAAAhhhh.... I love u all guys! ..... And btw is the Dick's Bakery on the Cabarete Town or Sosua?

THX!

rendul

Bronze
Feb 24, 2002
rendul.tripod.com
Dick's is in mid-Cabarete on the north side of the road. It is a great place to get your morning coffee and breakfast. They have fresh squeezed orange juice and the best baked goods I have had.

rendul

Bronze
Feb 24, 2002
rendul.tripod.com
Did anyone ever have a good chocolate cake made by a baker in the Cabarete/Sosua area?

For me, it isn't dessert if it isn't chocolate ( with several minor exceptions like Key Lime Pie).

There is a german gentleman who lives on the north side of main street Cabarete, just past Janet's and the fruit & veggie stand. He has a bakery that he runs out of his house. He has a catalogue of pictures of all the cakes and desserts that he makes. I have been there once and ordered a mammoth cheese cake for a 65th party. It was heaven. His business is in the basement of a house and to get to see him, you must walk down the side of the house to the rear basement entrance. I know! I would never have found it either without the aid of someone who has ordered before. I highly recommend him. I'm sorry I don't know his name but, boy, can he bake!!!

Kyle

Silver
Jun 2, 2006
i'm a constant visitor to the bakery across from the supermercado in sosua when i'm in town. they're cakes are very good but i don't think i've ever seen a chocolate cake in there. but give them a try anyway if you're in town...

Lucien Morgan

Aug 15, 2007
furniture

Hi there
I am moving to Cabarete in October. Does anyone know where I can find a store that sells modern furnature on the North Coast.
Thanks for any advice.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Santiago

Adames
30 de Marzo
809-581-0097.

Three large showroom floors. Not all modern, but you should find a lot to choose from. Very dependable store. Actually delivers on time!!!

sosuaman

*** Sin Bin ***
Jul 27, 2006
everything you need is right on the small strip of town,, meander your way through and you're sure to find what you're looking for ,,,

Status
Not open for further replies.