Country side trip

Wanna

Feb 1, 2006
I was told horseback riding, nice atmosphere, pleasent people, and safe are the word to describe BONAO. How much genuine are these adjectives?

Malevolent

Apr 7, 2007
Wow.. :surprised

That is not our picture of Bonao.
Where will you be going in Bonao? (where to stay?)

The nature is nice - yes!
The people is lika anywhere in the DR.. Everyone is friendly (basically) if you don't offend anyone. They all help you with a big smile! ;)

Safe - I don't know. When we arrived to Bonao, we were told to keep out from certain areas (as in most towns I guess). And depending on who you will be staying with, safe might not be the word. If you stay with Rancho Wendy, they do have a guard. 24h a day - due to the fact that they don't feel safe. It has to do with people not liking the owner very much! :ermm:

Bonao is nice - especially if you go outside the town itself. Just a few kilometers away, you'll find lovely mountains - but I would suggest that you look at Jarabacoa as well. As you might already know, it's a mountain village not far from Bonao. Compare the two, and maybe you'll find a better match? :)

Take care, and good luck!

/Peter

Jan 5, 2006
Safe - I don't know. When we arrived to Bonao, we were told to keep out from certain areas (as in most towns I guess). And depending on who you will be staying with, safe might not be the word.
You can say the same thing about Paris, New York, Milan, etc. If you go into a barrio (slum) or hang mostly with barrio people, then you are asking for trouble.

Bonao is a nice place to relax and enjoy the real DR. :)

Sep 19, 2005
last year some time, some general replaced the whole corrupt police force in Bonao.......the whole force!!! doesnt that say something.....

almost all the towns are safe for the short time visitor...it is the people that live there full time that get into patterns and become targets for lazy men out of work.

bob