aegap

Silver
Mar 19, 2005
Mattel expanded it's recall today

Mattel Recalls 9 Million Toys

By Renae Merle
Washington Post Staff Writer
Tuesday, August 14, 2007; 12:34 PM

The Consumer Product Safety Commission today announced the recall of an additional 9 million Chinese-made toys by Mattel, including some Barbie and Batman products.

Mattel said a majority of the toys covered under the recalls contained small magnets that could come loose and pose a choking hazard, but they also include the recall of 253,000 Sarge toy cars, which contain lead. The largest portion of the recall is of 7.3 million Polly Pocket dolls and accessories, which contain small magnets. Those dolls were the subject of another recall last year after reports of serious injuries, according to the agency. ...

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
For those with kids, here is a list of the toys with lead paint that have been recalled.

I just realised my kids have some of them which were bought here in the DR.

Mattel Consumer Relations Answer Center - Recall

Since there is a lot of misinformation in the local news, and people tend to exaggerate things the scare them I thought it would be a good idea to point straight to the source.

I think there are going to be some public hangings in the near future in China, and I don't mean figuratively.

Just goes to show corruption and the utter idiocy of the perpetrators has no race nor language. I can here the Chinese businessmen now.. "Hey lets use inferior paint, those gd gringos will never know the difference and will pocket the savings". Little did they know how short a period of time they had left here on this planet after making this "brilliant" decision putting at risk of serious illness millions of toddlers.

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
Well supposedly the person responsible killed himself yesterday, so it's fair at this point to assume the matter is being taken seriously at least by someone.

He was just advancing the inevitable. The mistake he made was going in cahoots with a buddy to allow him to supply the paint. I wonder how long he has left.

A.Hidalgo

Silver
Apr 28, 2006
I can here the Chinese businessmen now.. "Hey lets use inferior paint, those gd gringos will never know the difference and will pocket the savings". Little did they know how short a period of time they had left here on this planet after making this "brilliant" decision putting at risk of serious illness millions of toddlers.

ESP.....before or after a botella grande? lol:laugh: