Guzman Ariza office

iluvdr

Aug 24, 2004
At the risk of reveling my anonymity on this forum.
I am happy to say that I have finally been to Guzman Ariza offices in SD.
I wish I had been there sooner...
There service was impeccable! The lawyer I meat with was very professional, spoke perfect English and seem well inverse in American and Canadian law.
To top it off, was kind of cute...
In the last 3 years, I have had some incredible disappointment with lawyers and law firms in the DR. My advise to newbies in the DR, if your car is a Mercedes and needs to be fix don't take it to the garage next door, go straight to the dealer!
It might cost you a bit more, but this will save you a lot of heart ache and disappointments.
Same thing for lawyers in the DR. Only chose lawyers that have good references here.
I am still waiting for the final quote from them, the last one I got was twice the price I should have been normally quoted. That's OK, I don't mind negotiating a little, just as long as I don't get threated like a "GRINGO"...

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
How long have I been telling you to go and see Guzman Ariza? hehehe

I was at their new offices in SD last Tuesday, very nice and similar decor to their Sosua office.

They are a class act and they just get it! They have built their business on foreigners, so they know how to service their needs and look after them the right way.

They are not the cheapest, but it's hard to put a price on the "peace of mind" factor, especially when dealing with legal matters here in the DR.

Make sure they know you came via DR1, then your get extra cream in your coffee ;)

iluvdr

Aug 24, 2004
How long have I been telling you to go and see Guzman Ariza? hehehe

;)

I know Rob! beleive me I have learned my lesson...
I did mention DR1, until she ask me what was my alias (for obvious reasons)
I decide to play the 5th amendement! :glasses:
I will keep the members posted on my experience. So far, I only have great things to say about them!!! ;)

David34

Mar 3, 2007
Thank to all for this news and info because I am in need of a lawyer for my Company in DR -Next time I go I will visit their offices.

iluvdr

Aug 24, 2004
Make sure you ask for Maycar, she's on vacation, but definetely a strong lawyer! Unfortunately I still felt the price was kind of high! I tried Pellerano & Herrera, they have an equal reputation to Guzman and where 20% less for the same transaction. Unfortunately, could not find a lawyer there that spoke perfect english like Maycar. I am still trying to negociate a better deal at Guzman...

Opulent1

Sep 9, 2007
Saman? Peninsula or Santo Domingo

I?m thinking about opening a business on the Saman? Peninsula. I will need an attorney that speaks fluent English to help me through this process. As you know there?s an office in Saman? but would it be smarter to start this partnership with the office in Santo Domingo.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
I?m thinking about opening a business on the Saman? Peninsula. I will need an attorney that speaks fluent English to help me through this process. As you know there?s an office in Saman? but would it be smarter to start this partnership with the office in Santo Domingo.

Fabio Guzman has an office in Samana. Go take a look at their website for details and tell them your from DR1.

The Dominican Republic Law Firm: Guzman Ariza, Attorneys at Law.