Less American tourists - ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

AK74

On Vacation!
Jun 18, 2007
It looks like the number of NA male tourists to DR will decrease substantially.

Passport rules snag child support cash - Yahoo! News

I feel sorry for the guys for many of whom a Dominican trip was the only chance to have a normal active sex life ( be it even for a week only!!)

But is it good or bad for us here in DR?
What is your opinion?

jruane44

Bronze
Jul 2, 2004
A, A
There are enough dead beets in the DR. Why would you want anymore? It's not going to hurt the DR at all. We're talking about a small number of people anyway. I guess it may stop some from relocating to the DR to avoid child support. I'm sure there are a couple of DR1 posters that may fall into that category. We have had a couple posters that were hiding from the law in the past.

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com
This has nothing to do with a 'normal active sex life'. It has a lot to do with parents that skip out on child support. Catch 'em and make 'em pay! I'm sure the DR won't be negatively affected.

tflea

Bronze
Jun 11, 2006
Sorry?

"I feel sorry for the guys for many of whom a Dominican trip was the only chance to have a normal active sex life ( be it even for a week only!!)"
end quote from above.

Why would you? Pitiful.
May your AK74 (47) or likely, 4.7 always shoot blanks.

La Mariposa

Bronze
Jun 4, 2004
This has nothing to do with a 'normal active sex life'. It has a lot to do with parents that skip out on child support. Catch 'em and make 'em pay! I'm sure the DR won't be negatively affected.

Very well said. + I don't think it's a normal thing '' having to go to a foreign country to have a normal active sex life''

memphisj

Jul 17, 2007
Taking a vacation instead of taking care of your children?
Who am I supposed to feel sorry for?

Dad no vacation, no sex Vs. Kids no dinner

hmmm...... That is a tough one.

DAKRA

Bronze
Feb 21, 2007

The Chicas will revolt! - - - If the Chicas had a national association they would make their voices heard!. This will hurt "Their" economy. ;)

AK74

On Vacation!
Jun 18, 2007
Very well said. + I don't think it's a normal thing '' having to go to a foreign country to have a normal active sex life''

There are some countries in this hemispere where males if they want to have sex must go to a foreign country. Otherwise - to expose themselves to a sting operation or some other trouble of this kind.

sweetdbt

Bronze
Sep 17, 2004
There are some countries in this hemispere where males if they want to have sex must go to a foreign country. Otherwise - to expose themselves to a sting operation or some other trouble of this kind.

An interesting outlook. Far be it from me to judge, but it seems you fail to recognize that it is actually possible to engage in sex without paying for it, which last time I checked is totally legal between consenting adults pretty much everywhere. Now I will agree that for an old fart like me to enjoy the company of gorgeous, exotic nubile young ladies, it is necessary to travel abroad, but last time I checked, this specific activity was not an unalienable right.

AK74

On Vacation!
Jun 18, 2007
An interesting outlook. Far be it from me to judge, but it seems you fail to recognize that it is actually possible to engage in sex without paying for it, which last time I checked is totally legal between consenting adults pretty much everywhere. Now I will agree that for an old fart like me to enjoy the company of gorgeous, exotic nubile young ladies, it is necessary to travel abroad, but last time I checked, this specific activity was not an unalienable right.

There are some countries in this hemisphere where an unmarried male practically cannot get any consenting sex if he is not a 25-35 y.o. Stallone type phisically and Mr.Trump type financially.

In DR women love men just for being men. Just for loving them and caring about them and their kids.Regardless of their age or appearance.

I am not talking about putas. It is simply a national culture, tradition and non-pragmatic outlook.

You can see alot of normal Dominican couples/families where he is 50 y.o. and she is 22 y.o. And they are happy together.

In modern Western culture a male over forty is considered a waste material. And those guys used to travel to DR to be and to feel MEN even for a short time in their hard working life.

I do not say that it is good not to care about their children!! It is bad!!

But I also know a lot of ex-families where women spend their child support money on expensive cars, designer clothes and young lovers.

Would you pay for a young lover of your ex?
Tought question.

But the OP question was about DR, not NA. Is it more good for DR or more bad?
On one hand - less tourists means less income for businesses. Hotels. Restaurants.
But on the other - also less ecological contamination, lower prices and less crime.

Which one is more important?

2LeftFeet

Bronze
Dec 1, 2006
Sex with beautiful nubile young sexy dominicanas comes with a price! Don't fool yourself.

Every relationship comes with a price. Even there. It just looks different for many reasons.

Ultimately--- relationships are relationships.

jackieboo

On Vaction without a return ticket!
Mar 18, 2006
Go to Thailand

For me I say ?have a nice sex life elsewhere? buddy. The DR has suffered enough with the sex tourists and it?s time that we start to face reality that there is more to this island than the sex trade and AI?s. If this island is to have a future then the people need to either legalize the whores and ban the AI?s. Who want the pathetic piece of humanity that come here for sex anyway? Those that profit from the sex trade are selling what remains of their dignity and humanity and those that use the services are nothing more than hideous pieces of left over humanity that need to be exterminated. I know I have worded this harshly however those that are involved need to be reminded that they are not wanted here and should find a new home.

AK74

On Vacation!
Jun 18, 2007
For me I say ?have a nice sex life elsewhere? buddy. The DR has suffered enough with the sex tourists and it?s time that we start to face reality that there is more to this island than the sex trade and AI?s. If this island is to have a future then the people need to either legalize the whores and ban the AI?s. Who want the pathetic piece of humanity that come here for sex anyway? Those that profit from the sex trade are selling what remains of their dignity and humanity and those that use the services are nothing more than hideous pieces of left over humanity that need to be exterminated. I know I have worded this harshly however those that are involved need to be reminded that they are not wanted here and should find a new home.

Those desperate souls cannot find a new home any more without passport.

The only escape for them now is to fly to Puerto Rico and from there to DR by ferry. Or to drive to Mexico and from there to fly to DR.

But by 2009 even land and sea foreign exits will be blocked without passport according to the OP article .

( a buddy of mine just reminded me that history testifies that those who want to exterminate others often are exterminated first themselves. Nothing personal.
Every human being is God`s creature and child , and God only may decide who deserves to live and who must be exterminated))

bienamor

Kansas redneck an proud of it
Apr 23, 2004
Hear Hear

Best comment on the thread!!!!!!

jackieboo

On Vaction without a return ticket!
Mar 18, 2006
Those desperate souls cannot find a new home any more without passport.

The only escape for them now is to fly to Puerto Rico and from there to DR by ferry. Or to drive to Mexico and from there to fly to DR.

But by 2009 even land and sea foreign exits will be blocked without passport according to the OP article .

( a buddy of mine just reminded me that history testifies that those who want to exterminate others often are exterminated first themselves. Nothing personal.
Every human being is God`s creature and child , and God only may decide who deserves to live and who must be exterminated))

Extermination was used harshly and was not intended to mean physical death. It was intended to say that the sex tourists are like pests and need to be removed humanely from the island.

Ricardo900

Silver
Jul 12, 2004
Extermination was used harshly and was not intended to mean physical death. It was intended to say that the sex tourists are like pests and need to be removed humanely from the island.

The only reason why "Sex Tourism" is large and active in the DR, is because the Dominican Government allows it, plain and simple. Since Prostitution is illegal in Puerto Rico and is legal in the DR, "Sex Tourists" travel to the countries that allow it. I am not condoning or promoting "mongering" in the DR, but it appears that the Dominican society as a whole does not mind prostitution, because if they did, you would think a law would have been passed like in many other countries around the Globe.

AK74

On Vacation!
Jun 18, 2007
The only reason why "Sex Tourism" is large and active in the DR, is because the Dominican Government allows it, plain and simple. Since Prostitution is illegal in Puerto Rico and is legal in the DR, "Sex Tourists" travel to the countries that allow it. I am not condoning or promoting "mongering" in the DR, but it appears that the Dominican society as a whole does not mind prostitution, because if they did, you would think a law would have been passed like in many other countries around the Globe.

There is no such country as "Puerto Rico"/./

aegap

Silver
Mar 19, 2005
Did it sink over night? :surprised

Puerto Rico Government

From your link, ..

Executive:

"The chief of state is the President of the United States of
America."

Legislative:

The "United States controls: interstate trade, foreign relations and commerce, customs
administration, control of air, land and sea, immigration and emigration,
nationality and citizenship, currency, maritime laws, military service,
military bases, army, navy and air force, declaration of war,
constitutionality of laws, jurisdictions and legal procedures, treaties,
radio and television--communications, agriculture, mining and minerals,
highways, postal system; Social Security, and other areas generally
controlled by the federal government in the United States. Puerto Rican
institutions control internal affairs unless U.S. law is involved, as in
matters of public health and pollution. ..."

Judiciary:

"The (United States) federal government, located in San Juan, is represented by 2 district
judges and the procurator, who is named by the President of the United
States. The Federal Court has final authority of the [Commonwealth]. "

Status
Not open for further replies.