Pesos

GringoCArlos

Retired Ussername
Jan 9, 2002
Any international airport that has flights to or from the DR has a money-exchange service in the airport, but be ready to get a haircut - if the tasa in the DR is 33 to 1, you MIGHT get 22 to 1 there. OR, find a local dominicano who has a use for them.

mido

Bronze
May 18, 2002
Any international airport that has flights to or from the DR has a money-exchange service in the airport, but be ready to get a haircut - if the tasa in the DR is 33 to 1, you MIGHT get 22 to 1 there. OR, find a local dominicano who has a use for them.

Wow!!!
I would love to buy USD's for 22 pesos.

sweetdbt

Bronze
Sep 17, 2004
Wow!!!
I would love to buy USD's for 22 pesos.

Right! That is probably close to the rate they would pay at a US airport exchange bank when buying pesos. To sell them for dollars you will probably pay 40 or more pesos per dollar. I never worry about having pesos left at the end of a trip, because I know I'm going back in a few months anyway.:D

jcrew20

Jun 22, 2005
My plan was to go to the US for a couple of days and then return to the Dominican Republic. That was 2 months ago. I guess I will hold onto them.

EMTuKnowMe

Nov 15, 2006
if YOu have an account with them, JP Morgan Chase will give you dollars for your pesos. At least this month they are.

Feb 7, 2007
I know Bank of America used to change foreign currencies. Takes about 3 days for the dollars to be credited to your account after you deposit foreign currency with the teller. Check with your nearest BofA branch.