Re: two dominicans died...

C

ciica

yeah....perhaps i really mixed it up.

Charly, thank you veryvery much for the information!

M

maria selva

I read the story in The Miami Herald, and it said that 2 dominicans died apparently frozen to death , the bodies were discovered inside where the wheels of the plane are kept. At that time the names of the 2 victims were not published.I also remember that either was a German airlines or they were discovered when the plane landed in Germany. Maybe you can double check the story with any dominican papers like <A HREF="http://www.elsiglord.com">www.elsiglord.com</A>,
or try the miami herald. <A HREF="http://www.miamiherald.com">www.miamiherald.com</A>. I hope this information can be of any help. Mariana

C

charly

sorry the report is in german, but it says that it was a german plane(Airbus) but not going to germany (skandinavia)and neither a german airline...

I also so other reports where the details been mixed up....that why I postet this one..
cu/charly

L

Lyse

I read the same story I don't remember if it was in the Listin Diario (listin.com.do) or La Ultima Hora (ultimahora.com.do)

S

Susanne

It seems that most news agencies got this one mixed up...

It was a Danish plane, from the company Premiair, going to a Swedish airport (Arlanda outside Stockholm), and the two young Dominicans apparently got on the plane in Puerto Plata (no charter companies from Scandianvia take off from SD)

Allegedly the two youngsters had help from somebody who knew how to hide people inside a wheel compartment, which takes knowledge of both airplane and security meassures.

Premiair have since requested Dominican airport authorities to strengthen security around the planes, as this is apparently not the first case of people trying to travel illegally by plane into another country, although most of the time it is to the USA. Most people die in the attempt because they forget about the freezing temperatures.

Regards,
Susanne