Well

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joy-H

Jun 4, 2007
www.bebo.com
The travel agent has been on the phone telling me that our tickets are in for our holiday and...................we are still going to Bahia Principe SJ, so that tells me that it has reopened............if it was ever closed

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Joy-H:It never really closed down, but it was subjected to a thorough inspection. Now according to local newspapers, the culprit was a "novovirus" NOT anything bacterial!
This virus they are talking about is similar to what happens on cruise ships when an infected person is on board.

Whatever. the end result was 48 hours of the trots, and a queezy feeling that makes having fun a bit difficult. Not life threatening but uncomfortable.

I am really sure that the hotel people will be extremely careful with you and yours during your stay.

Enjoy and please report back as to your impressions. That is a lovely part of the country, so get out and explore a bit...

HB

Joy-H

Jun 4, 2007
www.bebo.com
Hillbilly, I can't wait to get there. I do hope though that by the time we get there the nasty virus will have gone on its merry way :cheeky:

planner

.............. ?
Sep 23, 2002
It should be long gone. They will do a thorough cleaning etc.... According to the news which stated that the diagnosis came from British experts - the virus was brought into the hotel! I wish that would make the headlines but I am a realist.

You should have a wonderful holiday - take normal precautions and remember the word - MODERATION - in food, drink, exposure to the sun....etc.

KeithF

Jul 9, 2006
www.cabarete.org
ITN - Morrisons 'linked' to E coli death

At least, following the sad death of an elderly lady from an e-coli outbreak in Scotland, apparently caused by infected cooked meat, the Daily Mail has stopped mentioning people getting unwell in the DR. They are warning people not to go on holiday to Morrison's supermarkets*

*that last bit might not actually be true, but it is the sort of tripe that they normally post

Status
Not open for further replies.