K1 Visa

ebatrouni

Aug 17, 2007
Hi everyone,

I am new to this but I as everyone else in here am looking for answers/help. I requested for my boyfriend on a K1 visa/fiance from Santo Domingo...and we got a letter from the consulate with his case number and all but we are just waiting for the interview date. Is there any way for us to either speed up the process or find out any further information besides calling that number that they give you????

Nyeden

Sep 2, 2005
No they wont expedite your case. Right now because of the backlog situation, its almost taking 3 years wait for an interview.

jafo

Dec 16, 2006
You can get info on the following web pages .

They will have everything you need .

Good luck it takes 2-3 years .

Last edited by a moderator:

GringaRubia

Sep 9, 2006
Check your status on the US Consulate Santo Domingo website, make sure that all of you papers are in order. The US govt' site lists all that you'll need.
There are many problems with the US consulate in Santo Domingo. You can write to your congressional representative, giving the particulars of your case.

I have heard that calling the number that they give you is a waste of time and money.

Sometimes cases are expedited for humanitarian reasons, these are extreme cases in which the US citizen is suffering undue hardship because of the wait. Pretty much that could apply to loads of people.

The situation at that Consulate post has to change for the better, it really couldn't get any worse.

Last edited by a moderator:

ebatrouni

Aug 17, 2007
K1 Visa Help information

:alien:
I need some help as far as K1 Visa. I am requesting to bring my boyfriend here to US from Dominican Rep and I would like to know:
1: How long after we have the exceptance letter with his case number till he gets an appointment?
2: What are some questions they will be asking him?
3: What can I do to get the case speeded up?

If ANYONE knows any information I would PLEASE like to hear about it. Thank you very much!!!!
:confused:

Musicqueen

Miami Nice!
Jan 31, 2002
I have no idea what an 'exceptance letter' is...and how he got a case number...you might want to elaborate a bit more on that...

They will question EVERYTHING about your relationship...

There is NOTHING, unless you outright cheat, that you can do to speed up the process...

If I may, visit Dominicans to the USA for TONS of information regarding a K1 visa for your boyfriend...

rellosk

Silver
Mar 18, 2002
1. About 2 years after they approve your application.

2. They will ask questions to validate the relationship.

3. As far as I know, nothing can be done to speed up the process.

The site that MQ has recommended is a good one. They will answer your questions, without questioning your relationship.

Musicqueen

Miami Nice!
Jan 31, 2002
1. About 2 years after they approve your application.

2. They will ask questions to validate the relationship.

3. As far as I know, nothing can be done to speed up the process.

The site that MQ has recommended is a good one. They will answer your questions, without questioning your relationship.

Oh, rellosk...I don't know about that last statement!!!! ;):cheeky:

We've had some good ones there too, you know!!!!! :):):):)

ebatrouni

Aug 17, 2007
Thanks everyone for your help...if anyone gets any other information please feel free to respond! I am going nutz here waiting.:eek:gre: This process is so damn crazy because no one in DR can really answer any questions...and your right the whole calling and pin number thing is useless and a WASTE of $$$.

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
:alien:
I need some help as far as K1 Visa. I am requesting to bring my boyfriend here to US from Dominican Rep and I would like to know:
1: How long after we have the exceptance letter with his case number till he gets an appointment?
2: What are some questions they will be asking him?
3: What can I do to get the case speeded up?

If ANYONE knows any information I would PLEASE like to hear about it. Thank you very much!!!!
:confused:

answers in case you missed it

1. two to three years
2. everything you have written in your application about your relationship, such as names, places, dates etc.
3. Nada

Musicqueen has given you a place for further search I suggest you look it up ;)

when did you submit your application?

twincactus

Aug 9, 2004
www.dominicanstotheusa.com
Thanks everyone for your help...if anyone gets any other information please feel free to respond! I am going nutz here waiting.:eek:gre: This process is so damn crazy because no one in DR can really answer any questions...and your right the whole calling and pin number thing is useless and a WASTE of $$$.
Just some advice. This is a USA process. You will not get any decent advice in the DR on this. Whatever you do, don't hire a Dominican lawyer because they probably will not be able to help you. The best thing you can do is to to try to familiarize yourself with the process.

-Tim

aimelove

Aug 26, 2007
Moderator,

I have a straight up question about a visa. In the last year, my wife's aunt, and two cousins came to the US on tourist visas. I didn't ask alot of questions about it because I didn't want to be asked to contribute financially. I'm asking you. Is it true that you must prove that you have financial assets in DR before they will issue a tourist visa? Also, it seemed like within weeks of them wanting a tourist visa they received one. How did that happen?

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Moderator,

I have a straight up question about a visa. In the last year, my wife's aunt, and two cousins came to the US on tourist visas. I didn't ask alot of questions about it because I didn't want to be asked to contribute financially. I'm asking you. Is it true that you must prove that you have financial assets in DR before they will issue a tourist visa? Also, it seemed like within weeks of them wanting a tourist visa they received one. How did that happen?

Were the cousins females as well? I'm no expert here I only post links to people's country website and post links of other people's experiences and crack the whip once in a while :eek:gre:

But from what other people have posted here it's young men (20-30's)that seem to have a hard time getting a tourist visa to most countries.

Every situation is different but we know for sure the length of time it takes to sponsor someone for an immigration visa at this time and you can look that up too. ;)

twincactus

Aug 9, 2004
www.dominicanstotheusa.com
You have to prove significant ties to your home country and convince the immigration officer that you will return. If they owned property, and were older women, with good jobs or families and or businesses in the DR then there is a good possiblility of them being issued a tourist visa. You should know, however, that only about 1% of applicants for tourist visas actually are approved. Sadly, the Stated Department seems to think processing tourist visas is higher priority than spousal visas.

-Tim