Tricom have bandwith issues in Santiago

chola1978

Bronze
Mar 20, 2006
Please make sure your are testing your bandwidth if your provider is tricom. As per a investigation by IDOTEL, trigger by our constant demand for at least 80% of the bandwidth we are charge, Idotel has told us that Tricom SA was given 20 days to upgrade their equipment and make the necessary moves to fulfill the needs of their current customers.
I current have a ADSL TURBo at 1556kbps but only get about 189kbps down and 201kbps up.
I was told by Engher Mejia a Indotel employee that if by Sept 5 they dont fix the problem we are entitle to a full refund and can opt to get out of the 1 year contract I am in. Plus with this evidence I cna take legal actions against the company for knowingly selling a service they cannot supply.
I have a small call center and I depend on both of my ISP provider Codetel and Tricom SA.
As I have been talking to other colleagues I am not alone in this.
I urge you to please make a band with test and if your not getting 80% of what you paid to
get a claim number form your ISP and contact indotel.

Ill post a link to all the ISp providers in the country
Indotel

Last edited:

chola1978

Bronze
Mar 20, 2006
Please lets all chip in. We need our ISP providers to be more responsible and cant just say oh well what can we do its Dominican Republic.
my Tricom bill is close to 9500 pesos per month so we are not talking about 30usd dollar issues.
I need DR1 to help............

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
You're best bet is to change to Codetel asap. My plan gives me 1.6 down and 768 up and have had it tested at more than 80%. I pay around RD4000 montly for this service with taxes.

chola1978

Bronze
Mar 20, 2006
Chip this ia great advise if I only needed 1 ISP funny thing is I have both..
if I am not mistaken your house is pretty close to MrMikes, and if thats correct your guys are walking distance from a CODETEl relay station. So distance matters in ADSL.
I am located in Ave. Estrella Sadhala no.7 Ens Libertad across the street from Transporte Espinal so I depend on the Virella or Mirella relay station.
If I did not have CODETEL I would be out of business..
pero gracias for the advise.

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
Chip this ia great advise if I only needed 1 ISP funny thing is I have both..
if I am not mistaken your house is pretty close to MrMikes, and if thats correct your guys are walking distance from a CODETEl relay station. So distance matters in ADSL.
I am located in Ave. Estrella Sadhala no.7 Ens Libertad across the street from Transporte Espinal so I depend on the Virella or Mirella relay station.
If I did not have CODETEL I would be out of business..
pero gracias for the advise.

You make a good point, however, the adjustment of the speed of the service is analog and is "dialed" up or down at the main office and checked at the residence to see if meets the required speed. I have a friend who is a technician at Codetel and he came by my house when I had some problems and talked to the main office and they cranked that speed up pretty good for me. You can call my friend if you want to see what he says.