Hotel or Condo in Santo Domingo

bobytanmalo28

Jan 14, 2007
In October, I'll be traveling to D.R. and plan to stay en La Capital for a week. I live in NY and my father retired to S.D. years ago, and has a house there. Along with my father, living in the house, are his wife, my 1/2 sister and her 3 kids. The house is big enough to accomodate me and my firend, but here's the thing. I love my sisters kids, but last time I stayed there the kids were driving me nuts, waking me up at 8 a.m. and asking to go with us every time we left the house. Also, I have a friend that lives in S.D., he's going to act as our guide and do all the driving for us. I was debating with my friend whether it'd be a better idea to rent an apartment or Condo for the week, as opposed to a hotel or resort; keeping in mind that we're also picking up the cost of my friend from S.D., who'll be with us at all times. We're looking for an affordable place, not too expensive not too cheap, 2 or 3 bedrooms with a separate kitchen and or living room area. I know S.D. is the most expensive city to stay in, but can we still find good deals?? We're all fluent in Spanish and can adapt to any area, so staying close to the beach or a touristy spot doesn't matter. In fact I'd prefer staying in a middle/upper middle class residential area, where I may find a better deal. We'll have our own car and can get around easily on our own. I've done many searches, but I havent found what I'm looking for and many times you see the same places advertised on different sites.. I have a couple of "friends" who want to see me when I arrive, and want the option to invite anyone over at any time without hassle.
If anyone has any info that can't be found on the most popular websites, I'd really appreciate it. Thanks... Bobby from Chinatown,Manhattan...