Help with Banking info please

AlisonandDarren

Aug 19, 2007
Hi, we are coming to visit the DR soon with a plan to stay a short while, as non residents:
is it possible for us to open a bank account?, can this be done in the UK prior to our arrival in DR & is there a limit as to the amount of currency we can bring in?

We have many questions to come, and hope that we do not truoble you all too much.

we hope that someone can help us.

thank you - Darren & Alison

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Hi, we are coming to visit the DR soon with a plan to stay a short while, as non residents:
is it possible for us to open a bank account?, can this be done in the UK prior to our arrival in DR & is there a limit as to the amount of currency we can bring in?

We have many questions to come, and hope that we do not truoble you all too much.

I doubt that you can do it prior to your arrival, but you certainly can open an account in most DR banks.

whirleybird

Silver
Feb 27, 2006

Can I just ask why you feel the need to open a DR bank account?

AlisonandDarren

Aug 19, 2007
Thank you for your replies, have not used Forums before so Sorry! if not quite right.

in reply to 'whirleybird', not sure how long we plan to stay so not sure of cash etc needed.

whirleybird

Silver
Feb 27, 2006
Thank you for your replies, have not used Forums before so Sorry! if not quite right.

in reply to 'whirleybird', not sure how long we plan to stay so not sure of cash etc needed.

You have made no errors AlisonandDarren so no need to be sorry!! We moved here (permanently) from UK in June last year and we needed DR bank accounts because we bought property here but we rarely use them. Our cash is still in our UK accounts and we just use our debit cards at the ATM (or if that makes you nervous..) over the counter in the bank here - we find we get a much better exchange rate that way and no hassle.

Janin

On Vacation....
Jul 31, 2007
Four Went Bankrupt

.... open a bank account?,
I no longer use Dominican banks, they take your time and I don't trust them... :tired:
I found out that one can do completely without them, so for me they are USELESS. :bunny:

Janin

AlisonandDarren

Aug 19, 2007
Thank you for your advice, we will way up the pros & cons but are glad that we have at least a choice.

We will be back later with other questions I am sure

many thanks
Darren & Alison

hi-tec

Jun 15, 2004
there are no usa or foregin banks in DR...

seems there are no usa or foregin banks in DR