Golf in DR.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BJClintern

Aug 18, 2007
Hi. I'm new here, but I'm thinking of planning a trip to DR for late September. At Rocky's suggestion, I'm starting a new thread to draw responses from some of the board's golfers.

I'd like to base my stay in Sousa and golf at Playa Dorado and Playa Grande for sure and then maybe a couple of others. I'll be traveling by myself and golfing by day and probably carousing and making friends at night. I'm 45 and a 12 handicap.

Any suggestions about getting four or five quality rounds and how to book/arrange the reservations? I know this is asking a lot but any help will be greatly appreciated and I hope to demonstrate my gratitude by picking up the bar tab.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Not very difficult. If you save some of the weekend days for travel to Santiago and Jarabacoa. Both are very interesting tracks and you can play them at very reasonable rates (much less than either of the two courses you mentioned.).

Get in touch with BushBaby for putting together a small group for the North Shore forays.
I'll help with the inland stuff.

Just stay in touch.

HB

BJClintern

Aug 18, 2007
Outstanding!

I will reach out to both as my plans firm up.

Thanks and I mean that most sincerely.

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
When flight details are sorted let me know & I'll contact a couple of guys for one or two Playa Grande trips. I live in Puerto Plata so Sosua is 'en route' to Playa Grande & picking you up as I pass will be pretty simple. The two guys (maybe 3) that be playing during the week days, LIVE in the Sosua area so they could well be interested in transporting you to Playa Dorada & (if we have got them hooked on Santiago by then) Las Aromas course with the Old Curmudgeon who posted above!!

12 H'cap eh?? I know TWO people who will be looking for lessons as we go round then!!

Hey HB - I'll be trying hard for this Thursday a.m. but no promises at moment due to plans that have to be restructured to make the time!! I have to reschedule the girls that pummel my back, out the Serf of Fields back a day PLUS try the two guys at Sosua (PM on way to you soon TW!!).

Jings, the things we have to do for golf!! Hope the boss isn't looking in tonight!! - Grahame.

Status
Not open for further replies.