American Eagle to Launch San Juan-Samana

santobonao

Bronze
Jun 3, 2003
www.telemundo.com
American Eagle (Executive Airlines, specifically) will be launching flights from San Juan to Samana, Dominican Republic (AZS) from 13 December. Flights will, of course, be operated with 68-seat ATR72s, and will be once-daily. The schedule:

AA5046 SJU 1345 AZS 1510 AT7
AA5047 AZS 1540 SJU 1700 AT7

npereyra

Jan 30, 2006
Great!, I just talked to an american airline agent and they did not know about the flight and they pass me to an agent who deals with international flights and they got me the flight information. Once they found it, they put me on the first flight for December 13th of this year leaving from San Juan. I want to thank santobonao for the info, because with the flight number i was able to tell the agent from AA what to look for. So if anyone is flying that day to Samana keep in mind the seat are going fast so make your reservation early......

aegap

Silver
Mar 19, 2005
dr1 Travel News

American Eagle to Samana
[FONT=Verdana, Arial]American Eagle has announced that its new flights to Samana will start on 13 December 2007. This new route will bring to six the number of Dominican destinations covered by the American Airlines affiliate. The airline will be using a Super ATR with capacity for 64 passengers. Upon making the announcement, Rafael Sanchez, director general of American Airlines in the DR, focused on the fact that Samana is a destination for newlyweds, nature lovers and travelers with a spirit of adventure. He said that the flight comes in time for tourists wanting to take a whale-watching excursion. The new 5046 flight will depart San Juan's Luis Munoz Marin (SJU) Airport at 1:45pm and arrive at 3:10pm. The return flight from the Samana Catey Airport (AZS) to San Juan is flight 5047, leaving at 3:40pm and arriving to San Juan at 5pm. Tourism Minister Felix Jimenez pointed out that this will be a very attractive route for Puerto Rican tourists. [/FONT]

Jun 5, 2004
Great!, I just talked to an american airline agent and they did not know about the flight and they pass me to an agent who deals with international flights and they got me the flight information. Once they found it, they put me on the first flight for December 13th of this year leaving from San Juan. I want to thank santobonao for the info, because with the flight number i was able to tell the agent from AA what to look for. So if anyone is flying that day to Samana keep in mind the seat are going fast so make your reservation early......

hey pereyra i just called AA and they confirmed thatthey had the flight but that they couldnt price it for me therefore the lady couldnt sell me a ticket. ive called like four times and I receive the same answer. What did you do? Could you tell us the price you booked the ticket for?

npereyra

Jan 30, 2006
New York to Samana

Sure, the price was after taxes $544.80, that day comes on a thursday, but she told me that the flight from the Dec 14th was less than the one from Dec 13th.

I hope this help,

npereyra

Kyle

Silver
Jun 2, 2006
additionally, the website is not updated so you can't book yet online. after fussing for about 30 minutes i believe the website should be updated soon.
hopefully a few more people will call and fuss to get AA to get the website updated. Samana will be a new experience for me so i'm hoping 13/14 Dec here i come !!!!

Opulent1

Sep 9, 2007
WOW!! Unbelievable!

WOW!! Unbelievable! Flying AA From FLL or MIA to Saman? via Puerto Rico Is A Whopping $1,123.80?Late Dec to 1st Week Of Jan 08 Unbelievable!

marcusbmco

Banned
Nov 11, 2006
Grandviewvilla.com
Talked to AA last night

Talked to AA reservations and complained that AZS (Samana El Catey) IS NOT IN THE SYSTEM at AA.com reservations. I asked him to check it himself, he came back and admitted that it wasn't there AND SAID he would contact AA.com and get it sorted out. Yeh, we'll be waiting for that......
Marcus (me) will be building the first airport at AZS hopefully in the beginning of proxima ano.
PS: the Co. rockies are sweet but missing 'La Republica' big time............

marcusbmco

Banned
Nov 11, 2006
Grandviewvilla.com
oops!

When I spoke in about comment its concerning the first airport HOTEL @ Samana Internationl, Not an (airport).
AA.com is online w/ AZS now.
Best flight from Steamboat now:Delta Airlines HDN>ATL>SJU, overnight 'Green Isle Inn', SJU>AZS next day.
Cheers

Andy B

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
www.elmarinique.com
Just priced AZS to MCO (Orlando), round trip, Dec 15, return Dec 20, $1,059usd!!!!! I picked the dates as I just wanted a price. By comparison, we are flying Spirit in November, round trip from SDQ to MCO for $312usd total per person. We took advantage of the Big S sale with a r/t fare of $69usd per person plus taxes. We also paid $20usd for 1 suitcase each, R/T. Again, $312 versus $1,059. It looks like we're not going to be flying el Catey anytime soon.

A&J

Sep 29, 2007
We made a post about this route in the NE region info section. We have punched in PHL to ASZ on Expedia, Travelocity, etc and received an AA itinerary and price. It was for research only as we have our next trip booked.