plant seedlings

jaguarbob

Bronze
Mar 2, 2004
where can you buy tomato seedlings in SD???
and other seedlings for that matter...peppers..
bob

whirleybird

Silver
Feb 27, 2006
where can you buy tomato seedlings in SD???
and other seedlings for that matter...peppers..
bob

I assume by seedlings you mean small plants? We took the seeds from some of the tomatoes and peppers we bought, dried them out for a week or two, planted them in 'black earth' and lo and behold we have many tomatoes and peppers. Did the same with cucumbers, water melons and honey melons and they have all grown well and produced fruit. Even our lemon trees are self sown...

sjh

aka - shadley
Jan 1, 2002
www.geocities.com
i dont visit vivaros much so i dont know what seedlings are availible. ochoa, bellon, american have a decent supply of vegatable seeds. Not a huge variaty, but seeds that actually grow well in this area. I had very poor luck with most seeds i brought in from the US

Eddyx

Sep 9, 2005
If you want a little amount of seeds, try in Multicentro, Americana Departamentos or Carrefour, but if you want large amounts, try in these places:

Agrocentro, CxA
Av Caonabo 29
Santo Domingo
(809) 482-0025

Isla Agr?cola S A
G Polanco 64
Santo Domingo
(809) 532-1511

Enza Zaden
L Feltz 56
Santo Domingo
(809) 482-5903

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
I Had An Avocado Eight Years Ago, BEST I EVER Ate!

I planted the seed. Today I have a huge tree,and lots of "FREE" avocados,just like the one I ate eight years ago! Same goes for a mango,but I am still waiting for the "fruit" of my labor!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

La Mariposa

Bronze
Jun 4, 2004
I planted the seed. Today I have a huge tree,and lots of "FREE" avocados,just like the one I ate eight years ago! Same goes for a mango,but I am still waiting for the "fruit" of my labor!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Me too planted 4 avocado seeds and it worked

sangria

Bronze
May 16, 2006
How to plant an avocado seed?

In advance, my apologies if this is a silly question...I admit I am ignorant to the world of avocados but they are delicious & I wouldn't mind trying my green thumb out....(ok...light green :cheeky:)

Do you plant the whole pit or are there seeds inside?

Thanks,
Sangria

N

naturelover

i think you hit it with a hammer first or nick the stone with a knife...or is that apricots (errrrrrr):ninja: