Luperon Beach Resort

Status
Not open for further replies.

sues36

Aug 20, 2007
Hi we are staying at Luperon and was hoping from some tips. A friend visited DR a few months back and mentioned she left toiletries for the maids with a letter to say they could take them out the room (although this was on the East Coast)

Is it a good idea to bring some spares and give them as a thanks?

Are there any ATM's in the hotel / Resort?

Are tips better in RD$ US$ or Sterling? We want to give the best we can for the service we hope to get.

Thanks (again!) Sue x

hannahleea

Jan 31, 2006
I Love Luperon

Sue,

I have stayed at the Luperon Beach Resort twice and will be returning again, with my friends, next March. We love it there!! It is probably not as fancy as some, but the people who work there are wonderful, warm and friendly. When will you be going? I now even have "family" in town.

As to tips, they can be handled in many ways. One of our friends left a couple of dollars on the bureau every day. My friend and I, who shared a room, left our tips at the end of the stay. However, daily may be a good way to do it as different people clean the rooms on different days. I'm not sure how she made it known that this was for the person cleaning the room. I'll have to check with her.

One of my friends who went with me my first and second time has actually been there two more times besides. If you have any other questions about the resort or town near the resort, tours, etc., please send me a private message and I'll be glad to answer them for you.

Hannah

sues36

Aug 20, 2007
Hannah

Thank you so much for your tips. We arrive Sept 5th and we are counting down the hours!!
Are there any hellos you wish us to send?
I was thinking about maybe little gifts for the maids....toiletries etc? Of course we will tip at the end of the stay aswell but little thank you gifts along the way are always acceptable.
Our children are staying in their own room (17 and 14) and hopefully we want to be next to each other so I can make sure they leave gifts for their maids too.
Bet you cant wait to go back and I hope this is the firts of many trips for us to DR.

Sue

KeithF

Jul 9, 2006
www.cabarete.org
I've not been up to Luperon but I doubt if it will be substantially different to anywhere else... so I'd recommend taking notebooks, pens, coloured pencils etc. Basically a 'school pack'. If you venture out as you've said you are, these can be given out either to kids directly but also to parents. We buy a load of 'Tesco Value Pack' stuff.

I think the staff at hotels do quite well for toiletries as many guests leave them rather than carry them home, so something that benefits the kids is always a good move. Also, I personally, never give to kids during the week days. The children in DR have either morning or afternoon school, so if you see a child mid week they will always tell you 'I went to school this morning' or 'I go to school this afternoon'. That *might* be true but I wouldn't want to risk a kid 'skiving' off benefiting as this will encourage them to avoid school more. If there is any way for the country to pull itself out of poverty it is through the next generation getting an education... and for that you need pens & paper.

abnor

Nov 7, 2006
Qtips are always a hot item.....believe it or not, first aid supplies, and manicure sets

sues36

Aug 20, 2007
Hi and thanks for the hints on what to bring over...will be having a trip to Tesco / Asda for some bits and pieces.

Just a question...what are QTips?

FireGuy

Rest in peace Amigo!
Aug 21, 2002
www.polaris-fs.com
qtips.jpg

A brand name in N.A.

What are they called in the UK?

Gregg

sues36

Aug 20, 2007
Oh right I understand now.

Is it best to make a pack of stuff for each maid or just a big one to share?

Status
Not open for further replies.