Success! Thanks to all for info. 15 days no interview Visa granted-British embassy!!!

GH10ad

May 12, 2007
Processing time Fiancee visa - British Embassy, Santo Domingo?

Hi,

I know in some countries visas can be issued in literally 3 days if they are happy with the papers.

The British Embassy in Santo Domingo said typically 2 or 3 weeks to give a decision from the date of submitting the application.

I heard that this embassy is very quiet normally.

Do you think they say 'up to 3 weeks' to stoop people booking flight tickets and things like this? Could it be only a few days here too? Anyone here had experience of the British Embassy in Santo Domingo?

Also, I heard that If they are happy with the papers, they might not ask my Fiancee for an interview. Is this correct?

Also, being quiet either means that the embassy will either do it all very quickly OR they will do it meticulously and by the book. I thought that if they don't get a lot of applications then maybe they will take a lot of time on the ones they do get?

Any thoughts?

Thanks again.

GH.

GH10ad

May 12, 2007
I was under the impression that certain countries try to limit people from others for different reasons.

For example, Britain has a lot of young women from Thailand who come to Britain to marry old rich men, so Britain makes it difficult for this to happen now due to the sheer number of Thai girls applying.

The United States has thousands and thousands of people from latin america and the carribean wanting in so they have a problem with this and block a lot.

France it's Morrocans and Algerians who all want to go there. Each country has a slightly different source for their immigrants.

To my knowledge though, my country, Britain does not have any problem with Dominican women coming here. I thought it was all down to the evidence presented with the Visa form and the age gap between the man and woman makes a huge difference too.

I was told that Britain has more of a problem with Dominican MEN coming here because of a lot of them come here marrying rich British, often older, women. A minority giving Dominican guys a bad name. No offence to anyone.

I thought maybe for a Dominican man they would hold off and make you wait months but for a girl, not so long. There is only an 8 year age gap between my girl and me(she's younger).

whiskylee

May 13, 2007
GH.

Take advice from the uk embassy talk/email etc try to build trust with them if you and your girl are 100%, dont be afraid to speak directly with them at the embassy, This is what we did and it worked for us.

You must have all the documents they require for the visa and your girl will have an in depth interview at the embassy. After the interview if you are succsessful the visa is applied to your girls passport. We had to wait one week. Do not book a flight until you have a decission,your girl will only be able to fly schedule to the uk.

The embassy was never quite when we applied !

Whiskylee

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Whiskylee what was your processing time from when you summited the application to the interview and how many years ago did this take place?

Just trying to establish the processing time to the UK.

Thanks

whiskylee

May 13, 2007
Anna c

The processing time was 3 weeks to interview the year was 2005

hope this helps

Whiskylee

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Yes thank you. we have a lot of info for Canada and the US but not too much for the UK.

Thanks again ;)

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
Whiskylee what was your processing time from when you summited the application to the interview and how many years ago did this take place?

Just trying to establish the processing time to the UK.

Thanks
AnnaC
There was a meeting here on the north coast with the north coast residents & the present British Ambassador. In his answers to questions after the presentation, the Ambassador AND his Vice Consul affirmed that:
IF the application was all in order & acceptable to the consulate, the visa CAN BE ISSUED WITHIN A 24 HOUR PERIOD. This would depend on CLEAR & FULL information being supplied.
The Ambassador continued to say however, that ALL information should be factual & true - if there was ANY HINT of misleading &/or untrue information in the application, the application for visa would be declined immediately.

I believe applications for visas at the Consulate are averaging 2 weeks once received at Santo Domingo. Looking at the time taken by the US Embassy (on another thread) 2 - 3 YEARS, I don't think GH10ad needs to worry about it taking THAT long!!! ~ Grahame.

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Thanks for the info Grahame.

That is truely amazing compared to the processing time to the US or even Canada. ;)

GH10ad

May 12, 2007
Thanks for the info.

I know British embassies can be quick if they fee like it.

I know someone who 2 months ago, brought a Thai girl to the UK.

It was 3 days from submitting the application to her getting the visa.

And that was a country that Britain is trying to clamp down on!!!

I know this man well, he is telling the truth. She walked into the embassy with the VAF2 fiancee visa form and a folder of papers in good order.

3 days later - fiancee visa no problem AND NO INTERVIEW EITHER!!!

The age gap between him and his partner is only 2 years, his papers were in perfect order.

miss mia

Oct 13, 2006
i have recently placed an application with the british embassy in santo domingo for my husbands visa , he got a call 6 days later to go and collect his visa and was not asked to go to an interview, if you want any details on the documents i included id be more than happy to help x

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
Obviously not too many people from the DR want to immigrate to the UK therefore extremely short waiting time.;)
And if I may be permitted to say so, how very wise of them too. I would not consider re-locating to the UK!!

However, there are a LOT of people that want to visit the UK - to see the culture, the history, the nobility etc not found in most other countries & THIS is what causes the visa dept at the consulate to be busy. The MAIN reason for the recent improvement in getting visas issued, is the new Ambassador. Here is a man uncluttered by bureaucracy, not hemmed down by his own self importance & a person determined to get the job done - can't say that about too many of his predecessors or counterparts in other Embassies/Consulates!! More power to this man's elbow & may his refreshing attitude be passed on to others!! ~ Grahame.

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Grahame I was wondering if you could ask the new Ambassador about a visitor visa. How hard is it to get? It seems almost impossible to get one for Canada or the US especially young males.

We do get that question for the UK every so often and it's good info to have on hand.

Thanks ;)

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
Grahame I was wondering if you could ask the new Ambassador about a visitor visa. How hard is it to get? It seems almost impossible to get one for Canada or the US especially young males.

We do get that question for the UK every so often and it's good info to have on hand.

Thanks ;)
When someone comes on & asks the question Anna, I (or many other Brits now on this forum) will be pleased to get the answer RELEVANT AT THAT TIME. Things can change & it would be silly of me to quote for NOW if we are talking two years down the road!

Further, it depends greatly (& as you know from experience) on how correct the application papers are & how & WHERE the papers are presented. If presented in Puerto Plata it would possibly take a further week / 10 days to allow for transportation/administrative hiccups!

From what the Ambassador told us just over a week ago, IF the papers are all in order & IF the application is genuine in every respect (& can be proven so) then a decision can be made within 2/3 days. Variances from the required format & absolute truth will delay an application until these elements are verified &/or corrected.

One thing that came across VERY clear at the meeting with the Ambassador, if there are any hints that lies are being told to help ensure the application is accepted, then the decision will be immediate ...... A REFUSAL to the application!!

If you need something more clear & definitive than the above, why not give the Embassy a call yourself? They are in Santo Domingo & will respond to other Nationalities than 'Us Brits' - as long as the questions are 'British' related! ~ Grahame.

GH10ad

May 12, 2007
I have heard that a visitor Visa on the other hand is diffucult to get unless you have a steady job and money behind you.

A fiancee or marriage visa is all about proving the realtionship is real and that the sponsor can provide accomodation and is finincially sound.

A visitor visa is all about the applicant and why you have reason to return home. i.e. you must prove you have money in the bank(not just put there recently) and a long term job and family still in the DR.

These are all reasons to return to the DR and not do a dissappearing act in the UK.

Kateinyork

Mar 8, 2007
www.facebook.com
We applied for my husbands Visa on 5th April, he then was given his interview date just a few days later for 26th April and has been here in UK since 24th May - so was all very quick!-if they are sure its all real then they do try to do it as quickly as possible.

Kate

GH10ad

May 12, 2007
I'm a happy man, my fiancee's visa was apporved today, 15 days after she submitted it to the British embassy in Santo Domingo.

No interview was required either!!!

I think it would have been 14 days had there not been a national holiday in the Dominican Republic on monday.

I'm impressed with the British embassy.

They told me it was an average of 2 weeks for fiancee visas. 15 days is pretty close. They seem to be very efficient.

:)