mosquito screen builders

N

naturelover

i have asked this question before and searched the threads but there doesnt seem much info.......is there someone in the cabarete/sosua area that can install a few mosquito screens....i 'd do it my;)self if i could actually get higher than 6 feet on a ladder

La Mariposa

Bronze
Jun 4, 2004
i have asked this question before and searched the threads but there doesnt seem much info.......is there someone in the cabarete/sosua area that can install a few mosquito screens....i 'd do it my;)self if i could actually get higher than 6 feet on a ladder

Maybe where they do glass windows, persianas... That's where I had my window and doors screens done but in Higuey about 3 to 4 years ago

Last edited:

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago

Call Feliz at Daycon in Santiago and see if they can travel out there for you. They did a good job on my house. 809-233-3318

Fiesta Mama

Bronze
Jan 28, 2004
My husband (a Dominican originally from Puerto Plata) tells me that any carpenter will make those for you or some hardware storesalso make them on order. If you have any Dominican friends, it will probably be cheaper than buying at a store.

whirleybird

Silver
Feb 27, 2006
We have all the outer fitments but need to replace the flyscreen part but have only found it at about 3ft wide and we need it much wider - can anyone help us in locating it please? (Original ones have been destroyed by our dogs and cats hehehehe)

Fiesta Mama

Bronze
Jan 28, 2004
It is apparently called telametallica (screen) and you can order it from the Fereteria in rolls and then get someone else to fit it into your frames. The rolls are about 3-4 feet tall and however long you want in a roll. My husband's family has a galleria (a sun porch) at their house with large screens surrounding. You will have to look around but it's not as uncommon as you think.