Hurricane Dean!?!...Help!

Quisqueya430

If anyone can please tell me what happened in Bahoruco when Hurricane Dean hit. I saw in the news that it knocked down houses on the beach. I would like any info on injuries, etc. I have family there, but I can't get in contact with anyone. If anyone has info, please share... Thank you in advance.

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
I was in touch with people who work in the area and they said the damage was minor - a few houses right on the beach in Bahoruco, La Cienega and Enriquillo were damaged but everyone was evacuated safely and were back in their homes by the next day. I heard that electricity and phone lines were affected in some areas, maybe that's why you can't get through? If you know anyone in Barahona city try calling/e-mailing them.

Marilyn

Bronze
May 7, 2002
Bahoruco

I spoke with someone from Bahoruco yesterday and he told me that everyone is fine there, there was damage to some houses but no injuries, thank God;He told me the waves reached the other side of the road, so most the houses along the beach were soaked and had to be evacuated. I have a little house in Bahoruco right on the beach and there was no damage only a lot of sand and debris to clean up. I'm going there Sunday and will bring more news and pictures; if anyone would like to send anything (clothes, shoes,etc.), I'll be more than glad to bring it as long as is not too much and I have space in my vehicle.