I'm going to DR for research on women

stock

Aug 2, 2005
Hi folks, I finally booked my trip to Puerto Plata/Sosua for Nov this year, I am going to determine once and for all which women are easier to get along with?
Dominican women in the US or DR women in there home town!

My question while I research this very important topic is.....

I want to stay in Sosua

I want to be near Rocky's

I want to be near the beach

I want to be near where everyone hangs out (women)

I want a clean hotel with AC

Can anyone help me with recommendations while I do research?

PLEASE????

Stock and thanks in advance!:glasses:

DRob

Gold
Aug 15, 2007
In that case...

...though I remain skeptical of your intentions, :tired:, here's my advice:

If you are in fact trying to get an understanding of dominicanas in their "home town," Sosua, Puerto Plata and Boca Chica are about the worst places on the island to do that.

None of those places will have the home town mentality. They are largely set up to support tourism (in all it's various forms). It would be the equivalent of doing research on the NA nuclear family by going to Disneyland.

You need to get out to where the North Coast women come from, namely the Cibao (Santiago, La Vega, Moca, any of the San Pedros), and south coast areas (Santo Domingo, etc).

That's where you'll meet normal people in "normal life mode." Of course, you'll need to be able to speak Spanish, and be prepared to stay for some time, and you'll certainly need someone (preferably a respected dominican author or academic, or at least a known local) to establish that you're a legit researcher, and not yet another gringo sex tourist trying a new angle.

Frankly, given your email, I think the gringo sex tourist thing most likely applies, but as Marco has vouched for you, I wish you well in your research.

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
...though I remain skeptical of your intentions, :tired:, here's my advice:

If you are in fact trying to get an understanding of dominicanas in their "home town," Sosua, Puerto Plata and Boca Chica are about the worst places on the island to do that.

None of those places will have the home town mentality. They are largely set up to support tourism (in all it's various forms). It would be the equivalent of doing research on the NA nuclear family by going to Disneyland.

You need to get out to where the North Coast women come from, namely the Cibao (Santiago, La Vega, Moca, any of the San Pedros), and south coast areas (Santo Domingo, etc).

That's where you'll meet normal people in "normal life mode." Of course, you'll need to be able to speak Spanish, and be prepared to stay for some time, and you'll certainly need someone (preferably a respected dominican author or academic, or at least a known local) to establish that you're a legit researcher, and not yet another gringo sex tourist trying a new angle.

Frankly, given your email, I think the gringo sex tourist thing most likely applies, but as Marco has vouched for you, I wish you well in your research.
There's a lot of common sense in what you say, and it is frequently suggested, but almost no newbies/tourist speak enough Spanish to make it work, so tourist towns are the only good option.
As for me vouching, I don't believe I have ever met the OP, but his posts for the last two years seem constant with his latest, so I have to assume that he's being straight with us, says what he means and means what he says.

stock

Aug 2, 2005
Thank you for the benefit of the doubt by both DRob and Rocky.

Number one I am Cuban so I speak....well perhaps TOO MUCH SPANISH...lol..., I am educated and successful.

Number two, thank you DROB for your advise on visiting these towns and I will take this into consideration, you see I've been to DR in the past with ex-girlfriends and while vacationing...everyone was very nice to me, so NOW I want to see if this is still the case without having to wip out the bling.

I have everything I want in my life and it will even get better as time goes by, but the one thing I haven't come across is a real girl...may seem stupid to some, but all I seem to attract is vampiras!!! This is why I am going to visit and watch and then write.....I may turn up good stuff I may not, but I will continue searching until my thirst is full.

Thank you for your information!

-Stock