Could use some help in Higuey

klsshuey

Aug 23, 2007
Is there anyone living in or near Higuey who might be able to help me? Last month I was in Punta Cana and rescued some puppies. I took them to a vet in Higuey. Two of the puppies came home with me to Denver, CO, but I had to leave two behind as they were not well enough to travel. Of the two left behind, one died:(, but the vet is going to send the other one to us. However, I can't seem to contact him. I don't know how badly Dean affected you there... maybe that is why I can't reach him? I am hoping to find a fellow animal lover who lives in or near Higuey who might be willing to go check on the puppy for me and help me by facilitating the process of getting him on a plane and back in my arms. Please, if you can... help me.
Thank you,
Sad in Denver
P.S. The two that traveled back to Denver with me are doing fine -- happy and healthy after many visits to the doctor.

La Mariposa

Bronze
Jun 4, 2004
Is there anyone living in or near Higuey who might be able to help me? Last month I was in Punta Cana and rescued some puppies. I took them to a vet in Higuey. Two of the puppies came home with me to Denver, CO, but I had to leave two behind as they were not well enough to travel. Of the two left behind, one died:(, but the vet is going to send the other one to us. However, I can't seem to contact him. I don't know how badly Dean affected you there... maybe that is why I can't reach him? I am hoping to find a fellow animal lover who lives in or near Higuey who might be willing to go check on the puppy for me and help me by facilitating the process of getting him on a plane and back in my arms. Please, if you can... help me.
Thank you,
Sad in Denver
P.S. The two that traveled back to Denver with me are doing fine -- happy and healthy after many visits to the doctor.

1- What's the vet name, direction..
2- Who is going to pay the airfare
3- Send me the money first via Western Union

Last edited:
Feb 7, 2007
I live in Higuey drop me a PM. I can go talk to the vet and have you two arrange a conversation. Send me the vet's name and address, or approximate location. There aren't that many vets in Higuey anyway.

La Mariposa

Bronze
Jun 4, 2004
I live in Higuey drop me a PM. I can go talk to the vet and have you two arrange a conversation. Send me the vet's name and address, or approximate location. There aren't that many vets in Higuey anyway.

I don't know any vet in Higuey. The one I know (Los amigos??) is on the road to La Otra Banda across the Shell station.

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com

Well done that man. :) And, kisshuey, glad your new family members are doing well.

La Mariposa, what was there to laugh about? Did I miss something?

klsshuey

Aug 23, 2007
Rubio,

I"m not sure what a PM is... I'm new to this on-line community. I did send you an email...

Thanks for responding!
klsshuey

klsshuey

Aug 23, 2007
Yes, it is the vet across from the Shell station in Otra Banda. He is a very nice man, but his line has been busy for several days now and I have no other way of contacting him -- thus this desperate plea for help. Thanks so much for responding. If anyone could just drop by and ask him to call me. my name is Karen Durbin and the puppy's name is Gimpy -- he has my phone number. THANK YOU!

La Mariposa

Bronze
Jun 4, 2004
Yes, it is the vet across from the Shell station in Otra Banda. He is a very nice man, but his line has been busy for several days now and I have no other way of contacting him -- thus this desperate plea for help. Thanks so much for responding. If anyone could just drop by and ask him to call me. my name is Karen Durbin and the puppy's name is Gimpy -- he has my phone number. THANK YOU!

Yes he is a very nice guy. Sorry I taugh your request was a joke.
Have you tried to call is cel ? I have the following numbers
Office: 809 554-9262
Cel: 809 913-9655
Home: 809 554-6608

I am not in the D.R. right now so I cannot help you. Sorry

Last edited:

klsshuey

Aug 23, 2007
Thank you so much... I only had the office number which oddly has been busy for days. I will have my friend who speaks Spanish try the other two numbers. What a magical thing this internet is....10 years ago would you have ever thought that someone in Colorado could contact a total stranger who is wherever you are and get phone numbers to a vet in DR???? Thank you again!

Feb 7, 2007
There are two vets across the shell station. If Los Amigos does not result in anything, the other one is called La Pradera. It's right next to Los Amigos.
Numbers: office - 809 554 6331, cell 809 869 6726
The vet's name is Dr. Jorge Manuel Mustonen, and he is Colombian I think.

La Mariposa

Bronze
Jun 4, 2004
There are two vets across the shell station. If Los Amigos does not result in anything, the other one is called La Pradera. It's right next to Los Amigos.
Numbers: office - 809 554 6331, cell 809 869 6726
The vet's name is Dr. Jorge Manuel Mustonen, and he is Colombian I think.

You are right. I forgot to mention the other one but just thought about Los Amigos Dr. Fausto Ozuna since he is my cat's vet.

klsshuey

Aug 23, 2007
It is La Pradera, not Los Amigos. I'll try the cell phone -- if it works great, if not, I will probably post again to see if you might be able to speak with him on my behalf. I appreciate your help so much.

klsshuey

Aug 23, 2007
The cell phone number worked and I got ahold of Dr. Mustonen. He was in a car accident and so wasn't at the office much. He is fine and the puppy is fine. The plan is for Gimpy the puppy to be on a plane on Friday. Thank you so much for your help. If I can figure out how to post pics to this sight, I'll post some puppy pictures.

Feb 7, 2007
Congratulations, we are glad you will see your puppy, and are happy to have been of help and played part in your reencounter with your puppy.

BeachyGirl

Jul 24, 2007
I am so happy there are others out there that go to lengths to ensure a happy life for unfortunate animals. You have a good heart, and now those puppies have a good home, and lucky for people like you, what goes around comes around, so you are sure to expect good things in your life! Thank you for caring! And post pics when you can!