Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: what someone from Spain living in DR needs to visit NYC

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Question what someone from Spain living in DR needs to visit NYC

saludos!

this is probably a simple one, but does can someone answer this.

I have a friend that is from Spain and lives in DR right now and wants to come to NYC to visit; but she doesn't have cedula or birth certificate with her in DR.

I imagine she would only need to buy her trip and use her Passport.
    can someone confirm this or tell me what someone from Spain who lives and works in DR WOULD need to come to NYC from DR to visit.

thanks

Post Thanks / Like

All she needs is her Spanish passport - no visa required as she is a European citizen - but the airline will probably need to see proof of residence in the DR or an onward return ticket to her country of origin, Spain.
    Also, she needs to make sure her passport is digitally readable or whatever the term is.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default thanks chiri

wish i had more suggestions, but thanks for yours

Quote Originally Posted by Chirimoya View Post
    All she needs is her Spanish passport - no visa required as she is a European citizen - but the airline will probably need to see proof of residence in the DR or an onward return ticket to her country of origin, Spain.
    Also, she needs to make sure her passport is digitally readable or whatever the term is.

Moderator Living Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Similar question but not the same?

Quote Originally Posted by donrael View Post
    saludos!

this is probably a simple one, but does can someone answer this.

I have a friend that is from Spain and lives in DR right now and wants to come to NYC to visit; but she doesn't have cedula or birth certificate with her in DR.

I imagine she would only need to buy her trip and use her Passport.
    can someone confirm this or tell me what someone from Spain who lives and works in DR WOULD need to come to NYC from DR to visit.

thanks
    Have booked my visit to UK now but am flying from STI, spending 2 days in NY then got onward flight to LHR. Do I need a visa to enter the US? I have British passport and Dominican cedula.

Post Thanks / Like

No, Brits do not need visas to the US - the requirement was removed in 1988! Your passport does have to be biometric (digitally readable), however.

Moderator Living Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Chirimoya View Post
    No, Brits do not need visas to the US - the requirement was removed in 1988! Your passport does have to be biometric (digitally readable), however.
    Hate to appear stupid but how do I know if it is biometric?

Post Thanks / Like

If it was issued in the last two years or so it probably will be, otherwise you'll have to get a new one from the nearest passport office or consulate.

Moderator Living Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Was issued October 2005, is there a way I can check?

Post Thanks / Like

I got mine in 2005 and I'm pretty sure that by then all passports issued were biometric, but to be absolutely sure you really need to check with the consulate. There is no visible difference like a barcode or anything of that sort.

Post Thanks / Like

whirleybird check this site Biometric Passports - Identity and Passport Service you might be ok but not a bad idea to check with the British Embassy in the DR.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast