what someone from Spain living in DR needs to visit NYC

donrael

Sep 26, 2005
saludos!

this is probably a simple one, but does can someone answer this.

I have a friend that is from Spain and lives in DR right now and wants to come to NYC to visit; but she doesn't have cedula or birth certificate with her in DR.

I imagine she would only need to buy her trip and use her Passport.
can someone confirm this or tell me what someone from Spain who lives and works in DR WOULD need to come to NYC from DR to visit.

thanks

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
All she needs is her Spanish passport - no visa required as she is a European citizen - but the airline will probably need to see proof of residence in the DR or an onward return ticket to her country of origin, Spain.
Also, she needs to make sure her passport is digitally readable or whatever the term is.

donrael

Sep 26, 2005
thanks chiri

wish i had more suggestions, but thanks for yours

All she needs is her Spanish passport - no visa required as she is a European citizen - but the airline will probably need to see proof of residence in the DR or an onward return ticket to her country of origin, Spain.
Also, she needs to make sure her passport is digitally readable or whatever the term is.

whirleybird

Silver
Feb 27, 2006
Similar question but not the same?

saludos!

this is probably a simple one, but does can someone answer this.

I have a friend that is from Spain and lives in DR right now and wants to come to NYC to visit; but she doesn't have cedula or birth certificate with her in DR.

I imagine she would only need to buy her trip and use her Passport.
can someone confirm this or tell me what someone from Spain who lives and works in DR WOULD need to come to NYC from DR to visit.

thanks

Have booked my visit to UK now but am flying from STI, spending 2 days in NY then got onward flight to LHR. Do I need a visa to enter the US? I have British passport and Dominican cedula.

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
No, Brits do not need visas to the US - the requirement was removed in 1988! Your passport does have to be biometric (digitally readable), however.

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
If it was issued in the last two years or so it probably will be, otherwise you'll have to get a new one from the nearest passport office or consulate.

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
I got mine in 2005 and I'm pretty sure that by then all passports issued were biometric, but to be absolutely sure you really need to check with the consulate. There is no visible difference like a barcode or anything of that sort.

Ladybird

Bronze
Dec 15, 2003
dreamteamdownloads1.com
I got mine in 2005 and I'm pretty sure that by then all passports issued were biometric, but to be absolutely sure you really need to check with the consulate. There is no visible difference like a barcode or anything of that sort.

Chiri,

I travelled to the US last year on my old style passport and entered w.o. problem, would the security be different as I travelled by private plane - less stringent do you think?

donrael

Sep 26, 2005
how about spaniards??

No, Brits do not need visas to the US - the requirement was removed in 1988! Your passport does have to be biometric (digitally readable), however.

am i right to assume spaniards don't need visa to visit the US?

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
donrael said:
am i right to assume spaniards don't need visa to visit the US?

See post #2: