Hurricane Dean, blessing in disguise in Bahoruco

Marilyn

Bronze
May 7, 2002
I went to Bahoruco today and was amazed the change in the beach landscape. Hurricane Dean deposited tons of sugary sand all along the beach in Bahoruco and what used to be dirt along the road on the side of the beach is now white sand, there's still pebbles on the beach but the sand was deposited on the beach side of the road. I didn't take that many pictures since I drove from Santo Domingo and back on the same day. Please enjoy.

The damage was not that big, it actually did more good than damage since it cleaned up all the garbage and debris from the beach. The houses that were damage were not that strong to begin with, but unfortunately people do live there still.

Bahoruco - a photoset on Flickr

Kaki

Sep 18, 2005
How old is the 2nd oldest man in Bahoruco?!

Great pictures. Beautiful beach and cute house!

Kaki

Marilyn

Bronze
May 7, 2002
How old is the 2nd oldest man in Bahoruco?!

Great pictures. Beautiful beach and cute house!

Kaki

He's 90 something, his children estimate he's 92 or 93. I asked if he was the oldest man in Bahoruco and I was told that there was someone older than him, I will need to find out the age of the older man.

Motorcycler

Jan 20, 2007
www.motorcycler.com
Now I know where your house is Marilyn. It is on the road that leads up to the old Barcelo facility in Bahoruco...correct?

Nice place... I remember going to that beach a many years ago.

Guess what? We're going back in November for a 3 day Haiti trip with a bunch of Dominican biker friends. That should be an interesting experience. So we'll be going back before our february 2008 trip.

Marilyn

Bronze
May 7, 2002
Now I know where your house is Marilyn. It is on the road that leads up to the old Barcelo facility in Bahoruco...correct?

Nice place... I remember going to that beach a many years ago.

Guess what? We're going back in November for a 3 day Haiti trip with a bunch of Dominican biker friends. That should be an interesting experience. So we'll be going back before our february 2008 trip.

Correct, couple of houses down from Luz Restaurant in the heart of Bahoruco.

I hope to see you when you come down in November, that would be great!!!