English language bookstore

didi

Dec 24, 2002
Where -- if possible-- int he DR is an English Language bookstore and/or a bookstore with a decent English section. I don't mind being an expatriate and speaking Spanish, but I DO like my English books. Do I have to fly to San Juan to go to Borders, or can I stay incountry and get my books? Any Christian bookstores?

The Virginian

Bronze
Mar 16, 2007
Not sure where you are but Bill's books in Cabarate has English books. They are open Monday, Wednesday and Friday. I think from 3 PM til 6 PM. But may start opening at 2 PM. The store is located on the main road, next to the new Hotel still under construction.

Ladybird

Bronze
Dec 15, 2003
dreamteamdownloads1.com
Not sure where you are but Bill's books in Cabarate has English books. They are open Monday, Wednesday and Friday. I think from 3 PM til 6 PM. But may start opening at 2 PM. The store is located on the main road, next to the new Hotel still under construction.

Do you mean Bobs bookstore or is this another one??

bienamor

Kansas redneck an proud of it
Apr 23, 2004
Santo Domingo

Helen Kellog Lib. on Independenca, behind the Epipheny church too early for spelling

granca

Bronze
Aug 20, 2007
Libreria Thesauras, Av. Abrahan Lincoln 305, esq Sarasota, Distrito National , S.D. Tel 809 508 1114 has an excellent selection of books in english. Oxford University Press in UK advised me and I was delighted to find it.

alicious

Bronze
Oct 2, 2007
Not a book store per say...more of a "library"-type concept.

Not sure where you are located, but in Costambar...on the main road left hand side just down from the colmado.
You enter, what I believe, is the Costambar security building, (it is the first "office" in a series of ones, which include a pharmacie). Just walk through the building to the back room.

There are quite a few books, all done up in alphabetical order. The idea is to bring some of your own ones and leave them off in exchange for some of the ones there. They are mostly in English, but there is a small section of German books as well.

Hopefully this is still there...does anyone know?

Feb 7, 2007
Libreria Cuesta on 27th and Lincoln, Santo Domingo
a shelf dedicated to English language books, mostly novels.