What happened to Xanadu Ranch?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gerd

Jan 10, 2002
This guy used to write dozens of posts daily, some years ago. What happened?
Sorry I haven?t been on the board for a while... have I missed sth?

GringoCArlos

Retired Ussername
Jan 9, 2002
I also enjoyed his posts, and the back-and-forth interactions were quite entertaining. Apparently he, and several others here on DR1, did not have skin that was sufficiently thick, so he was banned. (I think it was a mutually satisfactory agreement)

It's good to have a few loonies around, but I guess sometimes they hit too close to the truth for others comfort.

Last edited:

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
I also enjoyed his posts, and the back-and-forth interactions were quite entertaining. Apparently he, and several others here on DR1, did not have skin that was sufficiently thick, so he was banned. (I think it was a mutually satisfactory agreement)
He wasn't banned. He went into self exile, opened up another forum to compete with DR1, and it bit the dust.

GringoCArlos

Retired Ussername
Jan 9, 2002
OK Rocky, my mistake. He did not have skin that was sufficiently thick, so he left.

Other than sometimes offending someone (OK, maybe every other, or every third post), the guy DID know some things that most others here did not. He did contribute, and like it or not, he was of value to some of the folks who read DR1. Maybe even you can say that was true.

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
OK Rocky, my mistake. He did not have skin that was sufficiently thick, so he left.

Other than sometimes offending someone (OK, maybe every other, or every third post), the guy DID know some things that most others here did not. He did contribute, and like it or not, he was of value to some of the folks who read DR1. Maybe even you can say that was true.
He was leaving as I was becoming active on DR1, so I never saw his good side.
All I saw was the hissy fit he went into about not being invited to a DR1 party, then he left and opened his own forum.
Members of longer standing than I, might remember his better qualities.
I never got to see them.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Those that have been around here for a few years or more know what happened etc etc. No need to dig up old stuff, it serves no purpose.

Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.