Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New to DR...

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default New to DR...

After a long wait, I have finally moved here!! I arrived on 15th August and never looked back!! I love my apartment in Sosua and I love my job (maybe not so much the early mornings though!) I am getting used to the heat and love the local food so I think I am settling in well. I have a cold at the minute though which is a bit annoying....I dont even understand how you can catch a cold in this heat!!

Anyway....so far so good. Just thought I would let everyone know I am officially a dominican resident!

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by eralc777 View Post
    After a long wait, I have finally moved here!! I arrived on 15th August and never looked back!! I love my apartment in Sosua and I love my job (maybe not so much the early mornings though!) I am getting used to the heat and love the local food so I think I am settling in well. I have a cold at the minute though which is a bit annoying....I dont even understand how you can catch a cold in this heat!!

Anyway....so far so good. Just thought I would let everyone know I am officially a dominican resident!
    Congrats & welcome.
    Dominican colds/gripes can last an awful long time, sometimes a week or more.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

I am envious! Where abouts did you settle in?
    I am hoping to make a move there, at least part time, by next year. I will have to make a couple of trips before I make that final decision.
    Good luck

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Rocky,
    The amount of times I walk past your place is unbeliveable...I need to go in one time to meet you! Let me know when you will be there next and I will introduce myself. Perhaps you know of a good cold medicine I can use? Its not pleasant working with this at all, especially when it is so hot!

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

deejaa,
    I am living in Sosua, near to where I work. So far no complaints!! I cant believe it came round so fast...I remember it was this time last year that I started counting down.

Post Thanks / Like

Rocky,
    The amount of times I walk past your place is unbeliveable...I need to go in one time to meet you! Let me know when you will be there next and I will introduce myself. Perhaps you know of a good cold medicine I can use? Its not pleasant working with this at all, especially when it is so hot!
    I've never found anything that helped.
    When it's really bad I take anti flu pills that help relieve the symptoms but do nothing to cure it.
    If it gets really bad, sometimes antibiotics are required.
    If it's making you crazy and you want to see a decent doc, Servi Med in Cabarete are just about the best around.
    809-571-0964

I live here at Rocky's, so am here most of the time, although I do hide out part of the time. Mornings & evenings are best.

On Vacation!
    Post Thanks / Like

Red face

Rocky,
    Clare dont forget he has a nap in the afternoon ? vince1956
    Last edited by DOMINCAN BOY; 08-28-2007 at 07:52 PM. Reason: the teacher should have gone on your other thread half asleep

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

I am a teacher and it is going very well right now. We are only working until 12 this week yey!!! But all I do is sleep after really since this cold is draining me. Dont think I need a doc but I have been to that medical centre before...expensive but good!

Post Thanks / Like

I am a teacher and it is going very well right now. We are only working until 12 this week yey!!! But all I do is sleep after really since this cold is draining me. Dont think I need a doc but I have been to that medical centre before...expensive but good!
    Hope you get well soon.
    BTW: I always found them to be super inexpensive at Servi-Med.
    Anyhow, there's no price on health.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Rocky,
    Congratulations on your move!

Now as for that cold, our housekeeper swears by Flutox Jarabe and Soladek. We bring back quite a few of the viles when we're down there, specifically for her. You should be able to pick them up in any pharmacy. We get them in SD, but I don't imagine they'd be hard to find elsewhere.

Neither my partner nor I have tried either one (I'm a Coricidin and Zicam man myself) but it may be worth a try.

Good luck to you.

cj

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast