looking to help in the DR but need your help!

CED123

Aug 29, 2007
Hi everyone

This is my first post and i don?t really know if i am doing this right but here it goes.

i have been doing mission trip to the DR for about 7 years now i meet and married the woman of my dreams in la Vega. We really have a heart to help the local people especially the children.

1) I have contacts here in the U.S. and I would like to help in a practical way. I don?t think just giving things away helps anyone nor does it solve any problems. I am trying to connect with local people who might be able to help me get in contact with some one to get a duty free letter from the government. To bring items like

clothing
food
household items
educational materials
etc.

Any ideas of how to ship these types of items in an inexpensive way? Any things that can help me avoid problems or does anyone know or have connections with a broker that could help? My wife has a friend who shipped refrigerators, sofa and other large items for $100 U.S. (door to door) but we have contacted these people and they only ship from NY we are in FL.

2) We would like to connect with other like minded individuals in the DR (missionaries, non profits, other caring organizations) but even more so in the La Vega y Santiago area.

pammie

Aug 17, 2007
Missionary to the DR

Hi,

I am a Missionary nurse. I send big boxes to the DR for US$60 each door to door over 100 lbs each. It works well for me. You can also send a container from Miami with used stuff at a moderate cost too.

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com
There is a Christian organization that runs a plane from Tampa/Sarasota? every week or so. They combine shipments for various organizations. Perhaps someone knows who it is? For the life of me I cannot remember the name.

CED123

Aug 29, 2007
just need more contact info

if it is allowed i need more contact info. if not send me a private message. i am new at all this so give me time to find out how it all works. but thank you so much i feel good about it. let me know of anyone else that is doing missions work in the DR. thanks

CED123

Aug 29, 2007
that is great who are they and how do i can tact them. LOL

that is great who are they and how do i contact them. LOL

i would love to contact them if you not allowed to say here you can send me a personal note. thank you so much for your info. i really would like to contact them we have boxes of item to send.

ced