Using Guzman Ariza & Associates

Fiesta Mama

Bronze
Jan 28, 2004
I know that Fabio Guzman (of the above-noted law firm) is a contributor on this board regarding legal questions, etc. My husband and I are going to purchase a house in the DR and want to know if we can't get in touch with Mr. Guzman personally, would anyone with experience recommend that we use his firm in general? I just want to make sure that it is trustworthy to transfer funds to or deal with someone else at his firm other than Mr. Guzman personally as he is a very busy lawyer?

Tallman1680

On Vacation
Oct 7, 2006
My girlfriend boss in Santiago is an attoney who works in a lot of cases with Mr. Guzman, she says he one of the top lawyers in DR.

Bob K

Silver
Aug 16, 2004
We use their office in Sosua and are very pleased. We use them for clients as well.

Bob K

Fiesta Mama

Bronze
Jan 28, 2004
Thank you all for your very quick responses. Much appreciated. I figured it was fine since I have read good things on this site but I just get a little nervous when it comes to wiring money!

Sharlene

Mar 4, 2006
I've also used Guzman & Ariza in Sosua and had no problem at all entrusting them with funds wired from the UK. The thing I found handy was the very well written and very prompt email communication I had with them which made a world of difference. All my queries and concerns were answered very quickly and very concisely.

Jun 7, 2006
The Guzman Ariza law firm is the best in the DR by my experience. I had a transaction involving representation by the OTHER highly respected firm in Sousa associated with a real estate agency. That firm's main attorney made a major mistake in my purchase transaction causing me to potentially lose my deposit. In fact the seller claimed my deposit and the attorney in question, representing seller and myself, gave it to him.

I contacted the Guzman firm with my problem asking for assistance in the return of my deposit. After reviewing the transaction, they threatened the attorney at fault with a suit against him for malpractice in giving up my deposit to the seller. My deposit was returned to me in less than a month. The Guzman Ariza firm is very skilled, ethical and simply the best.

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
I've used them and been more than satisfied! We dealt not with Fabio personally but one of the staff in the SD office and everything was very professional.
I'd recommend them anytime!

senorblanco

Jun 11, 2006
I have used Guzman for real estate and condominiun matters, personal matters, criminal matters and residency matters.
You can absolutely have 100% confidence in them.
Their office number in Sosua is 809 571 2880

Mar 27, 2006
We have used them three times already. They are solid, reputable, timely and reasonably priced. Worth every penny we spent for the piece of mind we received.