We need "insider" advice!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Holly

Aug 24, 2007
Hi Everyone,

My fiance and I are planning a destination wedding for next year and are seriously looking at Hideaway Beach Resort in Cabarete. We have a couple of concerns, though, and can't seem to find any reviews of this place this year.

Does anyone know anything about this resort - good things, bad things?

The site pictures look beautiful, but the owner/manager has not been very responsive, so we are wondering what the deal is with this place...

We'd appreciate any help you can give us or places we could contact in DR to find out about it!

Thanks!

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
You need to speak to Francisco. He is the manager, he speaks English and can help you. The place is beautiful, overlooking the Ocean. I would recommend it.

DMLVT

Jan 12, 2004
Holly,
I own a villa at Hideaway Beach. I've seen some of the weddings held there and they were wonderful. PM me if you have any questions. I can give you email addresses for both the manager and the owner.
Diane

sosuaman

*** Sin Bin ***
Jul 27, 2006
if you are planning your wedding for the DR.. no sense in planning it for a spot that is "sight unseen".
take a few days , go to the DR and check out the many available spots IN PERSON...
then...
no surprises..
good luck

bellissima_81

Apr 19, 2006
Holita i say you should drive down for a weekend and see what it looks like! btw whens the wedding !!! see you soon

bellissima_81

Apr 19, 2006
oopsy thought it was holita posting wrong person sorry!!!! but u should go down and visit as pictures are never what they seem!

Holly

Aug 24, 2007
Great advice!

I agree that we should visit the resort at least for a long weekend before next spring...I will work on my fiance to fund this little getaway!

My fiance, Ray, talked to one of the owners, Colleen, today and liked what she had to say...I think we are seriously considering the place. We are looking at the end of next April, so we kind of need to get it booked so we can let our potential guests know...

I've heard there is lots to do in Cabarete and Sousa...any good recommendations for places we can't miss if we visit (restaurants, clubs, shopping)?

What are the beaches like in Cabarete?

FootPrints

Sep 5, 2007
www.betterphoto.com
Hi Holly,
I tried to message you in another thread but "something" happened. Anyway, if you haven't heard from anyone and still have questions, feel free to contact me through this site.

While I don't know about your particular resort, I'm a former wedding corrdinator in the US turned photographer in the DR. I made the transition several years ago and its been a good one. Anyway, if I can help in any way I'd be happy to.

Have you ever stayed at this resort? What attracted you to this particular resort with soooo many to choose from? Have you been to the DR? Do you plan to visit prior to your wedding? Do you have a budget? and, How many guests do you think will attend your wedding here? (sorry, my coordination days are coming back ;-)

Do you need a separate coordinator? This depends on the control you want, the communication you have with the resort and, of course, your budget. I've coordinated well over 2,000 weddings and 50% were destination. You can have huge success without a coordinator...or with.

Really, I'm happy to help. Cabarete is just 'down the road' from me and has the greatest beach...you'll love the town.

whirleybird

Silver
Feb 27, 2006
Hi Holly,
I tried to message you in another thread but "something" happened. Anyway, if you haven't heard from anyone and still have questions, feel free to contact me through this site.

While I don't know about your particular resort, I'm a former wedding corrdinator in the US turned photographer in the DR. I made the transition several years ago and its been a good one. Anyway, if I can help in any way I'd be happy to.

Have you ever stayed at this resort? What attracted you to this particular resort with soooo many to choose from? Have you been to the DR? Do you plan to visit prior to your wedding? Do you have a budget? and, How many guests do you think will attend your wedding here? (sorry, my coordination days are coming back ;-)

Do you need a separate coordinator? This depends on the control you want, the communication you have with the resort and, of course, your budget. I've coordinated well over 2,000 weddings and 50% were destination. You can have huge success without a coordinator...or with.

Really, I'm happy to help. Cabarete is just 'down the road' from me and has the greatest beach...you'll love the town.

Would you, by any chance, be touting for a little business?

slomichael

Aug 12, 2006
Congratulations on your wedding. What a excellent selection for a location.

If you are coming to Cabarete, be sure to have a dinner at the Castle Club. Maybe a private dinner for just you and the new wife. It is a wonderful place about thirty minute drive from Cabarete over looking great views of the country side. They host dinners in their huge open air home from time to time. IT WOULD BE A VERY SPECIAL NIGHT!!!

I'm not sure of the contact info...an most of my pix are with video and not photos. I will work on getting you the contact info....It would be a once in a lifetime dinner...

And I agree that you might want to make sure on your selection of location for the wedding. I don't have any input on the place you have suggested as I am not familiar with it (and I have been there four times.)

Status
Not open for further replies.