Post related to US and world economy deleted

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andy B

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
www.elmarinique.com
It seems the post about a question about dealing with a mortgage in Florida has disappeared from the board. Did it go because the powers that be deemed it not to be DR related? If so I hate to tell you that this IS VERY MUCH DR RELATED as these market problems are going to affect the DR in many ways, from tourism to more importantly, investment in real estate, business, etc. It is very short-sighted on the part of whoever pulled the plug on the post as we've only just begun to be affected and need to discuss this much further. If you don't believe this just wait and see what a declining world economy and a jittery stock market does to the DR. As you may know, when the world sneezes the DR gets pneumonia.

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
Lo mismo a este...

It seems the post about a question about dealing with a mortgage in Florida has disappeared from the board. Did it go because the powers that be deemed it not to be DR related? If so I hate to tell you that this IS VERY MUCH DR RELATED as these market problems are going to affect the DR in many ways, from tourism to more importantly, investment in real estate, business, etc. It is very short-sighted on the part of whoever pulled the plug on the post as we've only just begun to be affected and need to discuss this much further. If you don't believe this just wait and see what a declining world economy and a jittery stock market does to the DR. As you may know, when the world sneezes the DR gets pneumonia.
With all due respect, Andy, even if you thought it will effect the DR, it really doesn't because even if a mortgage in FL goes up 2,000%, there are some people that STILL will find a way to go to the DR and do whatever they want to.

It's the same as people ALWAYS complaining about the air fares being SOOOO expensive BUUUUT ALWAYS finding the money to buy their tickects, expensive or not!.

Btw: when the world sneezes NOT only the DR gets pneumonia, EVERY SINGLE COUNTRY DOES!!.

Let's hope this one doesn't get deleted before I click on "Submit Reply".

Last edited:

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com
If you don't believe this just wait and see what a declining world economy and a jittery stock market does to the DR. As you may know, when the world sneezes the DR gets pneumonia.

Perhaps we can talk about the issue. I have no idea which post you are talking about, but mortgages in FL is not DR related. The effect of the current world market as it relates to the DR's real estate market most definitely is. My layperson's opinion; gold has always been safe (and there is more gold mining on the way in the DR) and real estate will win the race. False security in selling sub-standard paper will always bomb somewhere along the line.

Real effects on the DR? I'd like to hear the more economist inclined posters speak about this.

What is your opinion Andy B?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.