Where, oh where are my cigars?

GringoCArlos

Retired Ussername
Jan 9, 2002
What a crisis....I have looked everywhere to find a box (or two or three) of the Monte Cristo La Habana por Delacroix 52 X 7 cigars - nowhere to be found. Nacional said their supplier doesn't have any. They have always had them before. No other cigar store has them either.

Anyone know where I can find some? I'm getting the DT's without a good cigar,a nd this is the only one I've tried that I like....

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Maybe in La Romana? There is a very large cigar store "Plaza Caribe??"on your right hand side as you enter the city. Well known to all motoconchistas and taxi drivers.

HB

Also, have you tried the cigar store at the Jaragua? I'll check at the Nacional here in Stgo.

GringoCArlos

Retired Ussername
Jan 9, 2002
Thanks for your help, gentlemen. I was able to only locate 4 of these cigars - I checked in about 7 different Nacional supermercados, where I have always bought them before. They are expensive - they are about RD$325 each.

Good thing I am not an addict, I only enjoy one every Saturday as a rule. Haven't found another that I like as well, tried the Upmans, other Monte Cristos, etc. Maybe the supplier will get off the dime and restock everyone again soon.

DannyS

Jun 19, 2007
Recommendation on Cigar

I not a cigar smoker but I have several friends that I often bring home cigars for when traveling. I don't know anything about cigars but I'd like to bring home some that are particular to DR maybe. Can someone make a recommendation on brand, something unique maybe and maybe an idea where to shop (as in not the tourist shops) I will be just outside of Sosua but have a car and will be shopping for supplies etc in Puerto Plata and maybe even Santiago.

Thanks in Advance,