Last cry for Punta Cana Apartment help....

paradise07

Jan 6, 2007
Hello folks, I know that I have posted here before, but this is my last attempt at really trying to find my "dream" apartment before my arriving to Bavaro in October. We are willing to spend between 800-900$ per month! This must include maintenance fees. I can deal with electricity be separate.

I am looking for the following:

-6 month lease with the possibilty of renewal
-Furnished, the nicer and more modern the better, with decorations if possible
-2 bedrooms (with double or queen beds, no SINGLE beds please)
-2 bathrooms, but 1 will do if there are NO OTHER OPTIONS.
-Gated residential community
-Well situated, near supermarket
-Must have OVEN, not just stove top.
-Pool would be an asset

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated !!! Thanks to all in advance for any suggestions !!!

Take care !!

paradise07

Jan 6, 2007
Thanks but....

If it can be googled...trust me...I've already checked it out...it's just so frustrating, because I know they are out there...just not advertised on the interne...oh well..might have to set it up when I get down there...Thanks anyways !

paradise07

Jan 6, 2007
Thanks to all..

But I think I'll just have to go down there and find a place...I am a planner, so this is driving me close to insane!!!! anyways, just another adjustements....thank you all for the suggestions and if there are any, please feel free to send them !!! I've got 34 days before I'm outta Montreal !!!!

Caren M.

Jan 27, 2006
I PM'd you 2 beautiful places in your price range. As for the oven, the smaller apartments have ovens I think. But with stovetop, barbeque, microwave, and large toaster oven we do just fine.

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
Paradise,
if you don't find anything in advance, come down here and drop me a call, i'll show you around. i pay the gas, you pay the beers, in your price range you'll find the right app for sure within a few days.
just drop me a PM or a call
have fun

paradise07

Jan 6, 2007
Mike Fisher...

I might just have to take you up on that offer....thanks I'll keep you posted !

montreal

Bronze
Apr 17, 2006
???

Why would you leave Montreal?? ;)
And right before winter when it's so nice with all that dirty ice and slush!!! ;)

Good luck,
p.s. Leave the "plan ahead" part of you behind in MTL. It'll only make you crazy in DR.

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
hey Montreal,
i knew you guys are nuts over there, lol.
why you have your ice on the streets???
we just keep it in the fridge, less work to pick it up for it's use in those tasy Cuba Libres, jejeje.
have fun
Mike

paradise07

Jan 6, 2007
I know...you might be right....

I was just thinking how am I going to survive without snow, -40C windchills, industrial salt on my car...All the friendly people saying ESTI, OR COLISSE every 2 minutes...oh, and of course TRAFFIC morning and afternoon rush hour!!! You are right...might have to consider....LOL

Mike, Please have a Cuba Libre ready for me...I'll be waiting for you under the 3rd palm tree on the left !!! lol...

As for you Montreal....this may sound a lil immature....but here goes anyways...SEE YA, WOULDN'T WANNA BE YA !!!

Kind regards to all !!!

Why would you leave Montreal?? ;)
And right before winter when it's so nice with all that dirty ice and slush!!! ;)

Good luck,
p.s. Leave the "plan ahead" part of you behind in MTL. It'll only make you crazy in DR.

montreal

Bronze
Apr 17, 2006
I'm gonna move to DR just so I dont ever have to fight traffic to cross the Pont champlain EVER AGAIN!!!:bunny:

paradise07

Jan 6, 2007
From the south shore also...

I used to drive from South Shore across the friggin Champlain bridge allllllllll the way to Ville St-Laurent....on a good day....45 mins...on a snowstorm day...2 h 35 mins !!!

God bless the DR !!! LOL

I'm gonna move to DR just so I dont ever have to fight traffic to cross the Pont champlain EVER AGAIN!!!:bunny:

montreal

Bronze
Apr 17, 2006
I'm from the shore too! I still do that (1 hour drive in traffic) EVERYDAY.
Hopefully I'll be the one gettin out next year.

;););)

George7

Sep 6, 2007
Punta Cana

Hello all,

Thank you for providing such great advice. I am looking to return to Punta Cana next week. I taught tennis at Club Med there back in 2001.

If anyone knows of good apartment leads please let me know. I will be staying at Natura Park for the frst two weeks while I look for a place to stay for the winter.

Thanks again for all the great insight!

George

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
hi George,
like i posted before, for that the "Pueblo Bavaro" Residence would be a great shot, but you have to be here to make arrangements.
that very big residence rents/sales appartments from small with 1 sleeping room to whole houses 3 sleeping rooms, 3 bathrooms, pool aso.
all sizes and all prize ranges.
they are normally all fully furnished including any equipment like kitchen aso.
like you will stay 2 weeks at the natura park you will be close to the residence and can make all arrabgements.
you will be surprised how the area changed and grew since 2001.
good luck
Mike

George7

Sep 6, 2007
Thanks Mike,
I can't wait to get down there. If you know of anyone selling a used scooter please let me know. Will I have any problem bringing down a printer/fax machine?
Thanks,
George