question for chefs in SD

jaguarbob

Bronze
Mar 2, 2004
If I go to National or Jumbo,and I want to buy say a 4 or 5 lb pot roast or prime rib or standing rib roast,what do I need to look for.I know nothing about the meat cuts,as in the states I just asked for them.National and Jumbo both have good looking meat and I have purchased many steaks that were just great on the grill...expensive but great.I suppose Omaha may have them,I have not looked there.
Any help would be appreciated
bob

Bok

Mar 13, 2004
I think your best bet is with Omaha Gourmet. I had Angus beef from Nacional supermarket and it didn't fly. Just as expensive as Omaha but certainly not as good.
You should also check out Chef Pepper (they have a website) and I'm sure Brothers on 27th Feb. will also be able to help you out with the cut you need. I've seen all three places advertise using both the Spanish and English term for the specific cut.

Buen provecho,
Bok

jaguarbob

Bronze
Mar 2, 2004
I think your best bet is with Omaha Gourmet. I had Angus beef from Nacional supermarket and it didn't fly. Just as expensive as Omaha but certainly not as good.
You should also check out Chef Pepper (they have a website) and I'm sure Brothers on 27th Feb. will also be able to help you out with the cut you need. I've seen all three places advertise using both the Spanish and English term for the specific cut.

Buen provecho,
Bok
thanks for reply...where on 27 is brothers?I have purchased from chef pepper,but he has no big cuts especially.

Bok

Mar 13, 2004
It's on Plaza Brothers at #579.
I believe it's just after Caonabo when you're going west but I can't remember for sure.