Another restaurant closing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ladybird

Bronze
Dec 15, 2003
dreamteamdownloads1.com
I was sorry to hear from Jennifer that she and her sister are having to close their restaurant as they havent got enough customers, what a shame. But she tells me they are continuing to make individual home made pies and will make them to order for anyone that is interested

whirleybird

Silver
Feb 27, 2006
I was sorry to hear from Jennifer that she and her sister are having to close their restaurant as they havent got enough customers, what a shame. But she tells me they are continuing to make individual home made pies and will make them to order for anyone that is interested

We ate there on Sunday with friends and thoroughly enjoyed our meal but have to say we were the only customers over the 2 hours we were there - I agree it is a shame but would definitely recommend the pies.

DR Mpe

Banned
Mar 31, 2003

Where is this?

N

naturelover

i thought it only just opened.....is it floras ...mind you the view isnt great backing onto a car park
Probably suffered from a lack of advertising.

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Barbara and I buy the pies. They are very good.

The ladies hope to reopen in the high season.

I thought the comment below about lack of advertising was a good one.

naturelover, it just opened under present management. They took it over when previous operator returned to the UK

The word is Flores, flowers in Spanish.

Ladybird

Bronze
Dec 15, 2003
dreamteamdownloads1.com
i thought it only just opened.....is it floras ...mind you the view isnt great backing onto a car park
Probably suffered from a lack of advertising.

Too true, I think they did better when they were in the Plaza, it was more central, but the rents are known to be high there. I hope they do restart again in the season Ken and Barbara, they deserve success their food is good.

Jennifer

Jul 9, 2002
Flora's Restaurant

To everyone who ate here, Thanks !! it was a pleasure to serve you. To everyone who didn't, you can still buy our Fabulous Pies from us by e-mailing jlchaplin@yahoo.com or calling 809-404-5438. Our website lists the pies and current retail prices; we also have wholesale prices for buyers of dozens.

BEST FOOD IN SOSUA | ENGLISH ? INTERNATIONAL CUISINE

We advertized everywhere we could. Posters at Playero and Supermercado Sosua. (Replaced twice a week when removed by someone else). Fliers on windshields all over Sosua. Gringo Times. Online on the Interactive map for Adscene. Online on another website. It seemed the more we advertized the fewer people came.
It's difficult to reach local people who have their routines and always go to the same places. And Brian and Deb (the former owners) got the British who were staying at Casa Marina to come out when they got bored with AI food, but fewer British are coming here, apparently they are tired of being hassled by not only prostitutes and vendors and thieves but police as well.

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
We advertized everywhere we could. Posters at Playero and Supermercado Sosua. (Replaced twice a week when removed by someone else).

Location may also have been a key factor. No one really comes to that end of Pedro Clisante to eat food. Maybe that is one of the reasons a second restaurant in that area has recently closed.

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
Location may also have been a key factor. No one really comes to that end of Pedro Clisante to eat food. Maybe that is one of the reasons a second restaurant in that area has recently closed.

Don't you think this "second" restaurant closure topic has been beaten to death already. We already know why it closed.

tambo'

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
The location did play a role.
Clearly if they had been located on where PJ's is located, they would have had a booming trade.
The second restaurant that you mentioned, closed for different reasons and cannot be compared to Nan & Jen's situation.
They are decent likable people, good cooks and offer decent value.
To compare their restaurant or them, to "that other" restaurant, is to do them an injustice.

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
I highly recommend their pot pies. We buy 8 or 10 and keep them in the freezer for those days Barbara doesn't feel like cooking. One of their pot pies with a salad or cooked vegetables and a dessert makes a good, easily prepared meal.

Their pot pies are not liked the boxed ones sold in supermarkets. There is much more meat and much less juice in these.

I agree with Rocky that location was a problem. But the important thing for Barbara and me is that they are going to continue to make and sell those delicious pot pies.

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
Don't you think this "second" restaurant closure topic has been beaten to death already. We already know why it closed.

tambo'

Don't try to read into something that was not my intent. All I am saying is any restaurant in that area will have a hard time surviving. The type of clients needed will not go to that section of town for a meal. It is just too much out of the way.

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com
OK, we all know about the pies! Congratulations on the nice recommendations and good luck to you!

Closed to preserve my sanity ... please not that old discussion again :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.