Question re: American Connecting Flights #1889 JFK to STI

POP Bad Boy

Bronze
Jun 27, 2004
I have had friends delayed twice this week on 1889 from NY to STI. Today the flight is about 4 hours late.......since the plane that is used for this flight is arriving late............ OF COURSE, AA won't tell you what flight it is that needs to come in for this flight to be on time......

.....it would make it much easier to plan if you were able to check the status of the other flight.........

ANYONE know what flight it is that needs to arrive in order for 1889 to take off ontime?

Thanks.

POP Bad Boy

Bronze
Jun 27, 2004
While I am waiting for someone to answer!!!!.......

..........I stumbled upon this site and the statistics for this flight!!!!!

This flight is only on time 33 percent of the time and EXCESSIVELY late 42 percent of the time.

......it has a flight performance rating of "0" on a scale of 1 to 5!!!!!
This site is good to check out.............

FlightStats - (AA) American Airlines 1889 Historical Ontime Performance Rating

.............well, anyone know that connecting flight yet??????

Thanks

Luperon

Who empowered China's crime against humanity?
Jun 28, 2004
Delta 307 even worse

..........I stumbled upon this site and the statistics for this flight!!!!!

This flight is only on time 33 percent of the time and EXCESSIVELY late 42 percent of the time.

......it has a flight performance rating of "0" on a scale of 1 to 5!!!!!
This site is good to check out.............

FlightStats - (AA) American Airlines 1889 Historical Ontime Performance Rating

.............well, anyone know that connecting flight yet??????

Thanks

Delta 307 on time 22%

FlightStats - Flights departing JFK and arriving in STI Historical Ontime Performance Rating

Jun 5, 2004
Hey POP sprry to hear that AA has done you dirty again lol to answer your question AA518 from MIA USUALLY turns into 1889. My sugestion to you is to try to get on flight AA833 because it is the least one delayed. Eventhough in the plast few days I have noticed that that flight has been running late too. When it comes to delata and STI.... I just think that they should set the flight to 6AM so that they could leave at 8AM they always have a problem with one thing or another. On top of that SONG is not flying to STI anymore (What I heard someone correct me if I am wrong) the aircraft with the TV and all that other nice stuff is only being flown into SDQ (Dont know about PUJ)

POP Bad Boy

Bronze
Jun 27, 2004
Well..............

..........then AA is lying...........cause they said today that 1889 was delayed due to awaiting aircraft.........yet 518 from Miami was in on time..........

Same thing a few days ago, when it was over 3 hours late...........Miami arrived on time...........

What's up with that??????????

I know last month I took that flight and we were over 4 hours late too.....

I think 1171 is better..... cause it is not as early...........as 833......

STIOP

Jun 11, 2004
Aa1889

Very tipical of this flight to be late this time of year.....

Years before we had AA2295 and AA2051 at around the same time (4 pm) and they usually arrived late this time of year.........

A couple of days ago it arrived at 1am!

Remember that the AA A300 this time of year are going back packed to the mainland in markets like PAP, SJU, STI, SDQ,etc.... so if one is late... well.. you get the picture.....

APdomini....... Delta is still flying the Songs down to STI... they are going thru repainting back to main Delta Colors, but yes... they still come down from time to time (although Delta is switching back to 737 in the fall)

oh... AA1889 is out of the gate at 14:22... took off at 15:03 and the estimated arrival is 06:23 at the gate in STI.... 2h behind schedule.

Slds

STIOP

daydream

Bronze
Sep 19, 2004
I flew Song NY-STI last weekend.

The 8am flight out NY was delayed for 2 hours and the 11:46am from STI was delayed 1 hr 20mins

We were told that the reason for the first hour delay from NY was due to a late arriving airplane and the following hour delay was due to a sick dog on the plane!

The delay at STI was due to the long secruity check queues. There are three planes taking off within mins of eachother - AA, Jet Blue & Delta - all around 11:45am and with only two xray machines it's obvious that there are going to be delays. Jet Blue was delayed by just under an hour, closely followed by AA and about 30 mins later my Delta flight left.

Daydream