single, visiting in December

pengkris

Sep 3, 2007
So I've been reading up on all this Sankie business. I'm impressed, with the dedication these men have made to scamming women; and equally impressed at the ability for so many women to be scammed. I actually came across the word Sankie in a forum, where I was just trying to find a nice place to stay for singles.

Anyway, I'm visiting in December alone. I'm a 33 year old female. My intent was to get away from all the BS of home, maybe get a nice tan and some good rest. Now, since I just got out of a relationship, if the opportunity would arise to "hook up," well all things are possible! Falling in love, not so possible! So comments, tips, advice on hooking up, but not getting personal? Silly question? Its easy at home it's called a one night stand! But just had to ask?!:ermm::cheeky:

pengkris

Sep 3, 2007
hehehe...thanks!

I'm actually quite cute too. LOL!!! I'm booking next week, its between the Excellence and Gran Bahia (spelled wrong) Punta Cana!

drloca

Silver
Oct 26, 2004
As far as I know (and I may be wrong), Secrets Excellence is a couple's only resort so that may not be the best option for you.;)

pengkris

Sep 3, 2007
Thanks!

Travel agent didn't give me that info, but I'll check into it!

pengkris

Sep 3, 2007
Thanks!

Make sure you read this http://www.dr1.com/articles/sankies.shtml and this 21 Things to know before coming to the Dominican Republic

But reading isn't enough if it doesn't sink in.

Oh yes I forgot, don't give out your phone number or email address if you're serious about a one night stand.

Good luck anyway

I've read most of your postings and articles, and wow'ed at the amount of info. So how often do you visit the DR, and are you opposed to "hooking up?"

BTW, agree with the no email and phone number exchange.

Kimmir

Mar 7, 2007
Hi I really think you should read the 21 things to know before you go to the D.R. it covers pretty much everything. I too am single and will be going to the D.R. in December although I have been there for work many many times I will be going for R. and R. this time and look forward to lying on the beach reading a good book and taking in some tours. This is a little off topic but when I called my hotel to see about a shuttle or ride from S.D.Q. airport to my hotel in Jaun Dolio they quoted me 170.00$ usdollars one way. Well if you add that up it is more than my hotel stay for a week! Can that possible be true? It has to be a mis quote!! Maybe I will call a friend for a ride instead!! Thanks for any advise and PENGKRIS have a great trip.

drny

Jun 12, 2007
Is this going to be another one of those sock puppet sankie threads with with a hundred redundant replies? Seems everytime time the forum needs a little life some "new" member starts one of these. And the same people always take the bait.
If I run a search I'll get of thousand of these.
Same crap, different day.
I'm going to monitor this one just to see how far you all take it.

Kimmir

Mar 7, 2007
Barcelo Cappella in Jaun Dolio. I hope I spelled that correctly! It is about 25-30 miles from the S.D.Q. Airport. Which airport are you flying into?

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
I wish

Is this going to be another one of those sock puppet sankie threads with with a hundred redundant replies?

If they were existing members changing username for the sake of getting attention and having some fun I would delete these threads as fast as they come up.

I wish they were all socks having fun but most are just new victims waiting to happen.:eek:

Audra

Bronze
Mar 19, 2006
I'm actually quite cute too. LOL!!! I'm booking next week, its between the Excellence and Gran Bahia (spelled wrong) Punta Cana!

Bahia definitely has sankies. Nice place, you can get some R&R if that's what you're going for.;)

pengkris

Sep 3, 2007
Wow! So Cynical!

Is this going to be another one of those sock puppet sankie threads with with a hundred redundant replies? Seems everytime time the forum needs a little life some "new" member starts one of these. And the same people always take the bait.
If I run a search I'll get of thousand of these.
Same crap, different day.
I'm going to monitor this one just to see how far you all take it.

I am actually new to this and was looking for some good advice! If it wasn't for someone who had been to the DR that told me about Sankies, I wouldn't have heard of it!

Now, I'm not the one who apparently spends the majority of their time sitting in front of the computer reading all this crap! So if you wish to get so bothered by TYPICAL questions, then I feel sorry for you. There are actually people that are traveling to NEW places instead of returning to the same places over and over who are looking for genuine advice.

Good luck in your worldly endevors!

drny

Jun 12, 2007
I am actually new to this and was looking for some good advice! If it wasn't for someone who had been to the DR that told me about Sankies, I wouldn't have heard of it!

Now, I'm not the one who apparently spends the majority of their time sitting in front of the computer reading all this crap! So if you wish to get so bothered by TYPICAL questions, then I feel sorry for you. There are actually people that are traveling to NEW places instead of returning to the same places over and over who are looking for genuine advice.

Good luck in your worldly endevors!

Typical questions??. Let me get this straight- In review of your opening post: You sign up as a member of a forum to get advise on going to a foreign country and "hooking up for a one night stand" as you put it, being that you are fresh out of a relationship , and you so admire the ability of sankies being able to scam women. So why not give them a shot at you, right? You're looking for genuine advice.... of course. " No love" as you say. Just some old fashion anonymous screwing, I suppose? I guess your loins are ready for some more action after all that "BS "you've just finished going through in your recent relationship. But hey, who am I to judge? As you say, these are just "TYPICAL" questions for a self respected 32 year old lady as yourself to post on the internet. Yes dear, you should feel sorry for me. I've run into more than my share of young ladies like you.

whirleybird

Silver
Feb 27, 2006
Typical questions??. Let me get this straight- In review of your opening post: You sign up as a member of a forum to get advise on going to a foreign country and "hooking up for a one night stand" as you put it, being that you are fresh out of a relationship , and you so admire the ability of sankies being able to scam women. So why not give them a shot at you, right? You're looking for genuine advice.... of course. " No love" as you say. Just some old fashion anonymous screwing, I suppose? I guess your loins are ready for some more action after all that "BS "you've just finished going through in your recent relationship. But hey, who am I to judge? As you say, these are just "TYPICAL" questions for a self respected 32 year old lady as yourself to post on the internet. Yes dear, you should feel sorry for me. I've run into more than my share of young ladies like you.

Hey chill out, be a bit less aggressive and read th "21 things to learn before you come to the DR" thread... don't be judge and jury to a poster asking advice questions here - surely it is unnecessary and, if I was visiting for the first time, it would put me off my holiday to be honest. Get a bit of "dominican optimism".