internet/tv satalite services

champ

Dec 2, 2006
i would like to know whats available in the puertp plata/cofresi beach area for satalite services/dealers ,,,is there a satalite service available that will do the internet and tv channels,,,we would like a professional company that could take care of complete equipment/instalation etc.,,,let me know if any of you locals have a system that works satalite high speed internet and tv,,,thanks for your help?????

whirleybird

Silver
Feb 27, 2006
i would like to know whats available in the puertp plata/cofresi beach area for satalite services/dealers ,,,is there a satalite service available that will do the internet and tv channels,,,we would like a professional company that could take care of complete equipment/instalation etc.,,,let me know if any of you locals have a system that works satalite high speed internet and tv,,,thanks for your help?????

We have both our satellite internet and TV (separately) from Dolfy in Sosua and are very happy with his expertise, knowledge and service. His telephone number is 809 571 2217, cel 809 224 3111 or email adolfo_milz@hotmail.com
Sure he would be happy to help you. Tell him Charlie (from UK) recommended you.

whirleybird

Silver
Feb 27, 2006
For any ex-pat UK persons over here, all UK TV no charge, always click on station at low speed for best results, give it a min. to load.

FilmOn-TV watch live Television channels broadcasting TV on the Internet. (download appl) only for windows at the mo. Mac to follow soon.

ITV
BBC
CH4
CH5
Sky News
Sky Sports
Lots of movie channels

(some other stuff as well)

Busy watching BBC1 news in real time as I type.

Enjoy

O Z Z Y 101

I followed the link an tried your recommendation but have a problem (which is probably something I have done wrong!)

I downloaded it okay but when I tried to launch it, I am getting an error message that the files are corrupt.... any ideas what my problem might be please?

beeza

Silver
Nov 2, 2006
Hi Ozzy,

Do you have any tips on making this this work? I downloaded and installed it. I can only get a couple of seconds of content then it freezes. Do you need a really fat pipe?

I have 512kps is that not enough?

ozzy101

Apr 13, 2009
I have a high speed internet connection and every now and then lose the signal, otherwise I find it ok. Was in Mexico a few weeks back and the hotel connection to the net was even better.

Sorry if you cannot get it 100%, but when you do it's just like being back in the UK.

cheers

O Z Z Y 101

ozzy101

Apr 13, 2009
The speed of my connection is 54.0 Mbps supplied by TriCom in Bavaro.

cheers

O Z Z Y 101

Tropicdude

May 26, 2009
You might also want to try livestream.com formally Mogulus, they have tv from around the world, many livebroadcasts for sports etc. its mostly low rez, so it could work on 512K connection.